LegacyGT.com

New Grimmspeed Up Pipe... any thoughts?

I just purchased this Stainless flexpiped Grimmspeed Up Pipe from EBay. Has anyone used this before. The quality seems fair, theres a year warranty and it came with all new gaskets and hardware for the install, as well as two capped ports for either an o2 or external wastegate and dump pipe. Specifications:

2" (51mm) Piping

1-7/8" (48mm) Inside Diameter

3/8" (9.5mm) Thick Flanges

photo.JPG.33c847668d3bf6d768a159b9a577d24a.JPG

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just an fyi, Ebay Up pipes also have a tendency to have warped flanges that don't seal properly on the manifold and turbo's. Even worse is if they do mate up and have cheap welds which snap under load.

2008 6mt Legacy Gt Spec B DGM - Not so Stock/Work in progress

2006 5mt Legacy Gt OBP - Sold

2005 5eat Legacy Gt OBP - RIP

R.I.P Coxx

Holy shit, i look away for a day and... voila! I might have bought the wrong one, maybe? I was sure i got the Grimmspeed UP, but now looking back thats not the right one, i was half in the bag... oops.

This looks remarkably similar: http://www.ebay.com/itm/IMPREZA-WRX-STI-GD-STAINLESS-5-BOLT-FLEX-UP-PIPE-UPPIPE-/110768842220?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item19ca5665ec&vxp=mtr

Definitely not a GS product.

And that is not a EWG port. EGT and O2 at most.

That looks nothing like it, and the one i purchased was supposed to be $159.99, i paid $85.99, not $50:lol:

I said WG because there are several that include a kit that comes with both. Not to mention the pics show the pieces coming out of those ports. My mistake.

Archived