LegacyGT.com

Leptronix Aux-In

RedFloyd

Mine seems to be quite noisy. It seems like the ground isolation isn't working for some reason. Even with the 3.5 mm cable disconnected from the unit, the noise is there and very prominent.

Any ideas?

• Replies 884
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You probably have a loose connection somewhere. Did you verify that the flat cables are fully inserted? One may have come out when reinstalling the cd changer if it wasn't fully inserted.

Also, what kind of noise do you have? Is it whinning noise only when the car runs or you have a noise even with the car turned off? Is it only when the aux-in is active? Did you try the aux-in input while your headunit is on the radio AND when it is on CD player?

More info would be appreciated. If you think your unit is bad, send it back to me and I'll send you another one.

You probably have a loose connection somewhere. Did you verify that the flat cables are fully inserted? One may have come out when reinstalling the cd changer if it wasn't fully inserted.

Also, what kind of noise do you have? Is it whinning noise only when the car runs or you have a noise even with the car turned off? Is it only when the aux-in is active? Did you try the aux-in input while your headunit is on the radio AND when it is on CD player?

More info would be appreciated. If you think your unit is bad, send it back to me and I'll send you another one.

I am pretty sure the connections are good, but I will double check them when I get a chance.

The noise is basically a static noise which almost sounds like EMI from the ignition system as it does change with engine speed.

The noise is only present when the AUX in is active, and I am pretty sure it is there whether the engine is running or not. I will verify that tomorrow though.

The AUX in interrupts the sound from the CD player as I expected it to do when it is active.

While on radio mode, you hear mixing between the AUX in and the tuner in the radio. Is this not normal operation?

I will try to gather more details tomorrow. Thanks in advance for your help.

While on radio mode, you hear mixing between the AUX in and the tuner in the radio. Is this not normal operation?

That is not right! You are supposed to be able to use the aux in while in radio mode, this is the purpose of the yellow wire! You should check your soldering of the yellow wire that goes from the aux-in module to the main pcb of the head unit. Make sure to follow the instruction carefully.

I'm pretty sure that the wire is not soldered to the correct component pad. Check that out quickly since you may damage your unit by doing so.

Good luck and keep me in touch!

• 2 months later...

Usually I try to have a small quantity in stock, between 5 and 10 units. But the sales were slow for the last month or so, so my stock is low too!

I have received orders recently, I will ship them as soon as I get back home, in 1 1/2 week... Yeah I know, this is in a long time... I will send emails to buyers about that delay.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Has anyone in the DC/NoVA area done one of these? I'm about to start a 45-60m commute every day, and my '05 has no aux in.

I could probably handle it since I've done audio installs in the past, but it would be nice to have the comfort of someone that's done one already.

Also, if anyone has a kit that they never installed and want to sell a bit cheaper I'd also be interested in that.

Edited by z28dreams

• 2 months later...
I have a 2006 outback H6 with the 6 disk and automatic climate control. will it work, and is this the same as the XT instructions, no muting circuit modification needed?

The H6 head unit is the same as the one of the XT. Same installation as the LGT too!