LegacyGT.com

Issues never stop. (Coolant issues help needed)

So as of recently I just noticed this happening. Within the year I had the timing done and the water pump. I found on Sunday my car was running hot while I was parked and engine running. I notice it was low on coolant so I put some in. It seemed like that might have solved the issue but yesterday again the same problem while sitting.

I checked the coolant level and its about where it was when I filled it.

When I start driving it cools down, assuming its the cold 35*f going through the hood scoop and around the engine but could be wrong. It stays at half while driving on the temp gage.

Any thoughts where to start or what to do?

Another issue I'm having is hearing a squeak coming from the front when I make a slower left hand turn. I replaced a driver side caliper last winter but not the passenger side. I did however do the passenger side wheel bearing this past summer and wondering if maybe not having it torqued down properly would cause that issue. Not sure if this can at all be linked to the coolant issue.

Thank you for any help given.

So after talking with some people, I'm going to run the car with the cap off the radiator to see if I can get air out of the system. From there I'm going to check and see if the thermostat is a problem. After that, I'll flush the system and see.

Reason I'm not going for a flush right away is due to being told the coolant was done when my waterpump and timing was done less than 10 months ago by Innovative tuning

So after talking with some people, I'm going to run the car with the cap off the radiator to see if I can get air out of the system. From there I'm going to check and see if the thermostat is a problem. After that, I'll flush the system and see.

Reason I'm not going for a flush right away is due to being told the coolant was done when my waterpump and timing was done less than 10 months ago by Innovative tuning

Did they do the Thermostat at the same time?

Max capacity recommends jacking up the corner of the car to make sure that the Turbo coolant tank is the highest point of the system.

You need to raise the passenger side. The turbo coolant reservoir is located on that side, and is the highest point in the system. Raising the driver's side could actually trap some air in the system, if that is indeed your issue.

Archived