LegacyGT.com

Cobb Supercharged Tribeca

I was at a Mitsu dealer yesterday here in SLC. I had a last-minute itch to see if I wanted to get an Evo before I bought my LGT Wagon, and the Mitsu dealer claimed that Trey Cobb bought an Evo from him to explore tuning options.

The dealer was kind of scummy, and could easily have been lying to try and sell me an Evo instead of a Subie, but it was interesting to note.

Never start modding, kids. It's too late for me, save yourselves!

Hooray for 07+ AccessPORT!

I was at a Mitsu dealer yesterday here in SLC. I had a last-minute itch to see if I wanted to get an Evo before I bought my LGT Wagon, and the Mitsu dealer claimed that Trey Cobb bought an Evo from him to explore tuning options.

The dealer was kind of scummy, and could easily have been lying to try and sell me an Evo instead of a Subie, but it was interesting to note.

interesting

my response

http://static.flickr.com/2/1333115_df41b60511_o.jpg

I think from the other thread, it mentions a rotrex supercharger (centrifugal, belt-driven turbo compressor, basically...) on that Cobb Tribeca.

Interesting tidbit is that Rotrex just introduced a two-speed gear reduction for their superchargers, so that they actually produce boost quicker, and stay on boost longer.

Interesting stuff. Lowered 3.0R outback would be interesting. Like a Perrin turbocharged H6 in a Legacy, instead of a WRX STI... all it takes is money! :D

Cobb news is great, but noting great about Tribeca for car enthusiasts, even with a custom nose job, it is still a PIG nose. The front end looks so heavy with massive overhang. The back end just keeps going down to the ground and looks like the guys with their pants around their knees instead of their waist.

I hope Tribeca does well for Subaru in the mini-SUV market. These guys must have done the research to know that Outback was not quite enough for some large group of customers that would buy Subaru, but needed more than Outback. Hope their research indicated that style has nothing to do with target Tribeca demographic. Even the interior dash design is an exact copy of the 1980s Toyota Mini-bus front dash. Maybe Toyota had thousands of the dash boards in a warehouse and Subaru made a deal hoping no one would remember "Toyota Mini-Bus Dash".

Interesting stuff. Lowered 3.0R outback would be interesting. Like a Perrin turbocharged H6 in a Legacy, instead of a WRX STI... all it takes is money! :D

i often considered this with my car if i had more power.

photochop

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-10/423426/IMG_6055dropblackrimsweb.jpg

Archived