LegacyGT.com

Gauging Interest for Extreme Turbo Systems Parts!

Hey guys, please refer to this link for the newest ETS parts available for our cars: http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/new-performance-options-ets-extreme-turbo-systems-187002.html?t=187002

They offer a huge FMIC and a very precisely made intake option with a huge K&N filter.

I am in no way associated with ETS but just seeing who may be interested in their intake or FMIC at a discounted cost with enough members.

So, who's out there? We'll start with lists of five.

Front Mount Intercooler (regular price - $1399 + shipping)

1. boostedgrocerygetter (pending turn-out)

2. izzys05lgt

Intake (regular price - $244 + shipping)

I would be interest in both but of course it depends on how much of a price drop we are talking ... The FMIC price was kinda harsh hence why I haven't pulled the trigger yet. The AVO can be had for much less.

Hey guys! Just got word from ETS. 10% discount for 5 people and if there is more interest, they'll see what further discount can be made (maybe 15-20% I would assume??).

Let me know if you want your name on the list! Depending on 'after' Wicked Big Meet funds, I'm down for an intake :D

It's definitely expensive. I know the AVO option is cheaper, the Perrin is cheaper (still in production?), FMS/CNT is way cheaper but quality is sketchy, TurboXS is decent price for high quality, and the RacerX is cheap with sometimes questionable quality.

Getting people to sign up will be tough but for those going with a big build (far and few between LGT owners), this is the perfect kit without cheaping out.

If there's no interest, there's no interest. I'll report back opinions and see what ETS thinks.

You're paying for quality with the Ets kit. From my first hand experience with their kits it is well worth the $1400. Yes some people don't want to spend that much for a fmic but some will. I myself will, knowing that it will fit better then a lot of the other fmic kits out there right now.

276hp/347tq On a DynoJet

Dyno Video - Had a big lean spot as you can tell in the second pull

Nope lol.

I actually ordered mine the day before you posted this lol

3.5" core

Brushed pipping

Tial flange

276hp/347tq On a DynoJet

Dyno Video - Had a big lean spot as you can tell in the second pull

How much does fmic weigh? I'm not understanding the decision to use SS. Unecessary cost and weight IMO.

The one I've seen in person, it was pretty heavy. I, too, wonder why they decided to use SS rather than aluminum. My friend, who has the 08 STI rotated kit, said the only options were either SS or titanium. Titanium was a very expensive option.

Overall, though, the kit is very high quality. The welds are incredible and fit couldn't be any more perfect.

I would definitely get this kit if I didn't already have my AVO.

legspec08 is the one who got the ball rolling on this system. He contacted ETS about getting a kit going for the legacy and let them use his car to design it. Maybe he can chime in here and give some of his input on certain questions about the kit.

I will pm him this thread link.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived