ean611

U Do It Autoworks.

30 E Hollis Street. Nashua , NH

$30 first hr, $20 then

(603) 578-9088

Hours:Mon, Wed-Fri 8 am - 7 pm

Sat-Sun 9 am - 6 pm

They'll rent you a lift and tools.

That may be a great option, but probably not on Xmas.

Thanks

Go through every pipe high and low. Did you log? Whats your idle vac reading, a/f trims? I dont see why you need a lift, two couplers under the bumper which you can reach your hand to.

I the couplers at the bumber aren't easily accessable with the bumper cover on. Removing the bumper cover is much easier with a lift.

I've already checked with the tuner and the tune. I've already fixed two leaks related to this, one at the drivers side IC coupler and the turbo inlet hose. Seeing as I'm seeing the same thing still, I suspect that another coupler may be leaking. As it is very cold, the piping may have developed a leak in the cold.

Just an fyi intake manifold gaskets on 08's were pisspoor and caused cel misfires in cold start conditions. The rough idle subsides once engine is warmed. I have a writeup explanation in the walkthrough maintenance forum

My intake manifold gasket was changed at 31xxx miles when I had a new shortblock.

CELs are P0301-4, just misfire codes. It's consistent with a vac leak in the IC piping.

Can't, not sure where all of stock IC is.

Also, CELs have stopped since I tightened some of the clamps. Now I'm still getting a lightly rough idle, but I now have new couplers for all joints, and am going to replace a few and see if that helps.

Found a problem. Flange/turbo coupler has dent in it. No idea how that happened. Pmed itsme already about getting another one. Also one of the junctions looks like i should redo it, but it is between the engine block and the bumper, so need to dissasemble that ( bumper cover) to replace that.

Bottom line, need another part. I tried to reseal things with clamps the best I could. May need to smoke test it later if I can find someone with that tool.

After my mucking, idle is marginally better as I tried to seal to the part of the flange that was good.

Archived