LegacyGT.com

Which is the right double DIN panel?

tangcla

Look at the enlarged images.

One (the Panasonic bottom button one) has a more round overall shape, more horizontal slats on the vents, smaller directors, and a round opening to the NAV.

The other is more squared off.

I'd get whichever one you like better. If you don't have an RHD, it won't fit though :(

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

• 4 months later...
I was going to order one of those and ended up modifying the cubby...but I simply measured the deck and the choice between the two parts was obvious...

What setup did you go with? Pics? I'm trying to figure out if I want to leave the stock nav, modify the cubby for a larger screen, or redo the radio panel with the JDM bezel for a double din.

dont have any pics yet...modified the stock cubby to make it fit a dd screen...job was done at a stereo shop, not something I could do myself...

Did the shop do a good job with the fiberglass? Just curious - I'm trying to decide between a double din screen with separat nav unit, or a double din all-in-one with the JDM bezel.

Sorry for intruding your post, have a similar question here on my elder Legacy (BL/BP) from 12/2003 EU model... is there any way to get a 2DIN replacement panel for my version? The avoJDM parts you guys keep posting here, are for the newer models, is there anything for mine, please? Been searching the net for like a week and all I can find is the Navigation replacement (which I don't want to replace, yet) and the newer version 2DIN panel...

My stock panel with the NONmp3 6CD / 1 tape stereo looks like this:

17022010122.thumb.jpg.b98d24516c75c285b20e4ad099860b3c.jpg

Did the shop do a good job with the fiberglass? Just curious - I'm trying to decide between a double din screen with separat nav unit, or a double din all-in-one with the JDM bezel.

yeah I was more then satisfied with the work they did...they had to alter the ducting for the vents a bit and the air doesnt blow as hard, but I dont remember the last time I used the center vents in the last 2.5 years...

• 1 year later...
Look at the enlarged images.

One (the Panasonic bottom button one) has a more round overall shape, more horizontal slats on the vents, smaller directors, and a round opening to the NAV.

The other is more squared off.

I'd get whichever one you like better. If you don't have an RHD, it won't fit though :(

Apologies for bringing this back from the dead, but how do we know that this http://www.avojdm.com/product_info.php?products_id=108 won't fit LHD or USDM LGT's?

Tried contacting both US AVOJDM and the primary office and still have not gotten a response.

Thanks,

C.H.

Archived