LegacyGT.com

Shooting for 10's on my daily driver

Well the new motor should hopefully be well over 500whp I don't wanna say what my goal are yet since I'm still in the early stages of gathering parts for the build. All I'll say is it will be a rotated set up and nothing from the current built except my fuel pressure regulator is going to stay with the car. As far as a bbk, I'd like my car to stop, and I have run into issues with the limits of stock calipers and stock size rotors, I do not wish to incriminate my self as to how that happens on streets. But with the new set up I would like to start to track the car more often. Consider the next setup to be like a gtr with a alpha kit: fast yet still retains a/c power seats etc, and you can track it and still drive it to the grocery store if you please.

• 4 months later...
Well the new motor should hopefully be well over 500whp I don't wanna say what my goal are yet since I'm still in the early stages of gathering parts for the build. All I'll say is it will be a rotated set up and nothing from the current built except my fuel pressure regulator is going to stay with the car. As far as a bbk, I'd like my car to stop, and I have run into issues with the limits of stock calipers and stock size rotors, I do not wish to incriminate my self as to how that happens on streets. But with the new set up I would like to start to track the car more often. Consider the next setup to be like a gtr with a alpha kit: fast yet still retains a/c power seats etc, and you can track it and still drive it to the grocery store if you please.

Have you determined what caused so many engine problems? You are on #6 correct?

• 4 weeks later...
The shop that built motors 2 and 3 did not do a very good job, and at many times looking back at it now with the knowledge that I currently possess, they had no idea what they were doing. They could assemble the engines fine but had no idea how much different the legacies were from the STi. So those motors popped from leaning out on the dyno and lack of lube. When motor 3 went it spun a bearing. That put bearing materiel through every oil passage. So I got a new block and built motor 4 on my own, I didn't get the turbo clean enough and sent old bearing material through that motor on the first start up. So then I tore it all down and made number 5 with the help of FAT performance in AZ. So I'm still on motor 5 and ifs doing fine but I want to build the monster motor that I've always wanted and that what I've been quietly working on for the last 8 months. I'm still just stock piling parts, since I'm getting married this October. But next October I hope to show off the next set up on my legacy and finally break into the 10s

^ Not sure how STi's and Legacy's are noticeably different?

Leaning out on dyno and lack of oil sounds like your tuner sucks and the people who assembled your motor don't know jack **** about Subaru's in general.

Edited by boxkita
language

Glad to see your still after it. I'll have to check back more often.

Just googled FAT Performance and got a place in CA ?

http://www.fatperformance.com/

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

http://www.forcedairtechnologies.com This is their website, I don't think they opened one in Cali but they did move locations in Phoenix. But yeah I haven't lost the drive to build a crazy legacy, if anything I'm just gaining momentum. I've got quite a few parts that I'm stock piling away. Still gonna try and have motor 6 built and isn't the car by October 2016. So check in here for updates every now and again. Just got some new enki rpf1 rims and hankook tires for the beast I'll add some pictures once I get the trans back in it and the tires mounted Edited by jmorris6689

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...