LegacyGT.com

Cool feature

I have been thoroughly impressed by our two GT's. A cool feature I noticed the other night is when you press the window lock button the illuminated window buttons on three passenger doors and driver's control pad go dark. That is impressive attention to detail by Subaru.

I had a passenger the other night want to roll down the window when it was really dark out and I had it locked out. He was fumbling for the switch, I unlock it and "Oh, there it is!"

Maybe he was drunk, maybe not, anyways, it was funny.

I especially like to use that button right before I fart.:)

Except it usually ends up in a fury of fists comin' my way...

lollerskates. my best friend was in town this past week and we were in my car. he let one rip, called safety. he was like 'oh god, that one's gonna stink dude...i just farted in your new car..ha ha ha ha!!!'. well, last week, it was pretty cold out, and at 1:30am it was even colder. anyway, he thought he had the last laugh. he was wrong.

he had just closed the window. so i opened it wide open, and locked the window. drove a little faster to get more cold air into the car. it didnt take long for him to exclaim 'oh god! oh god! i'm sorry, close the window!! my face is going to freeze!!!!'

you know the saying...he who has the window lock button, laughs last.....mwahahhahahaha :lol::lol::lol::lol:

One feature we had on our previous car (Audi A4) that I thought was useful was if you got out of the car and then realized one of the windows was open, you could put the key in the door lock, turn it twice and the windows would shut. Not that I'm tauting Audi's, moved on with no regrets.

yea legs cud use some more gizmoz. below is my wish-list

-since its got frameless doors let the window go down a bit when u open/close the door to prevent a shatter (like the mini's)

- when u open the door and sit in the car the gauge cluster shud light up the red circles even w/o the key in the ignition (a la TL)

-more ambient blue and red lites all over the car.....so soothing

- 5 spd shifter should have blue lighting on the gear instruction (a la M3)

-lighted steering audio controls and cruise controls (on the steering not behind it)

-bluetooth phone connectivity and voice navi/phone (TL again)

- electronically adjustable (front back and height) armrest on all sides and center

- electronically extendable seat bottom cusion (a la M3)

-bun warmers in the back seat

-RES (rear entertainment system aka DVD)

-Navi monitor to play DVD

-Audio to play VBR mp3 and DVD-Audio

-one key-turn to open all windows and sunroof halfway and another for opening them all

-headlite leveling/adaptive head lights/head light washers

-heated side view mirrors (unles the GT LTD has them already)???

-impreza style exterior door handles

-vw style/switchblade key fob

-83 more horses (not the animal) and torque

- add all these goodies and still keep the price below 30K LOL....ok fine 31K

i know i'm asking too much but i can dream :)

Guest *Jedimaster*
One feature we had on our previous car (Audi A4) that I thought was useful was if you got out of the car and then realized one of the windows was open, you could put the key in the door lock, turn it twice and the windows would shut. Not that I'm tauting Audi's, moved on with no regrets.

Yeah, I think all VW's do that.

THAT'S NOT A FEATURE!!!!!1one!11 IT'S A PROBLEM AND SUBARU NEEDS TO FIX IS ASAP!!!

</sarcasm>

Point taken, but there actually are a couple of improvements to the windows that could be made, from the factory, for a grand total cost of $0, that MY GUESS is that no one would disapprove of, and I for one, and I suspect others, would like:

- Keep the driver controls working when the window lockout button is engaged. I don't need to lock myself out, just my nitwit passengers.

- Make the windows work on accessory power, so that I can roll them up after turning the car off, or roll them down without having to switch to on. I vaguely recall some cars having a feature of allowing you to roll the windows up after the car was off (i.e. key off and out).

Andy

Point taken, but there actually are a couple of improvements to the windows that could be made, from the factory, for a grand total cost of $0, that MY GUESS is that no one would disapprove of, and I for one, and I suspect others, would like:

- Keep the driver controls working when the window lockout button is engaged. I don't need to lock myself out, just my nitwit passengers.

- Make the windows work on accessory power, so that I can roll them up after turning the car off, or roll them down without having to switch to on. I vaguely recall some cars having a feature of allowing you to roll the windows up after the car was off (i.e. key off and out).

Andy

Yep, even Kias have those features. <sarcasm>But this is a Subaru, so it doesn't need any of those little conveniences. </sarcasm>:confused:

Guest *Jedimaster*
I've said it before, but my GTP had the power accessoires available until you opened the door after turning the car off- it also had a HUD and a few other goodies I loved. Too bad it started to fail me at 30K miles- it was a damn nice looking car.

Didn't know the mini's did the window down a bit thingo. The BMW 3ci does it too.

yea legs cud use some more gizmoz. below is my wish-list

-since its got frameless doors let the window go down a bit when u open/close the door to prevent a shatter (like the mini's)

...if you take out the temp. tire and tray...a full size spare (215/45r17) fits PEEERfectly!!!!

...oh...oh...another one if you put a cd full of MP3 it will play if you hold the PLAY button for 5 seconds!!!

CRAZY KEN

interesting feature(illuminated window button)...I'll make sure to let all my passenger know of it!;)

P.S. I was bs'ing about the MP3 option...but it should have been OEM...it's so easy...I just don't understand!!!

Didn't know the mini's did the window down a bit thingo. The BMW 3ci does it too.

Do they sell the MINI down there as a 'BMW MINI' (like Europe) or as a 'MINI Cooper' like here?

Archived