LegacyGT.com

my Subaru will beat with a Buick heart!

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If in the mean time you want to double requested line pressure, I figured out how to do that recently. If you can still write to the stock ECU, just double the requested torque table, and double the Throttle Position top row header to match. It'll be nice and firm just the way you like it :lol: Both are in the DBW folder in RomRaider.
[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

If in the mean time you want to double requested line pressure, I figured out how to do that recently. If you can still write to the stock ECU, just double the requested torque table, and double the Throttle Position top row header to match. It'll be nice and firm just the way you like it :lol: Both are in the DBW folder in RomRaider.

And does the tranny shift better now?

Now that's thinking out of the boxer!:lol:

fyi all 05 + legacy's have built in code reader

did some more tidying up today, installed air cleaner and valve cover vent.

i just made a vid of the sound of the car reving, its sounds pretty sweet! its up loading should be up in 45 min or so.

As a kid the GNX was my dream car. As an adult I own an LGT. You are my new favorite person.

it was my dream also!

grand national power and lgt handling braking and comfort. its soo nice to drive around the city .. acceleration from a light is soo effortless 1/4 throttle and its already coming into the boost ! feels like i unhooked a huge camper off the back of the car !

How much to do mine? lol

I have cad drawings for pretty much every peice on this car.

I could easily make lasercut lists for the parts,

the only difficult thing is the headders but with a jig they could be reproduced.

this kit would allow the use of any 3.8 or 3800 front wheel drive block with the exception of the headders because they have diffrent style flanges.

a sereis 2 95 and newer 3800 has 205 hp n/a and like 280 ft-lbs replacement entire engine is like 300$

series 2 supercharged have 240hp and like 340 ft lbs tq

series 2 supercharged engine changed to turbo will have 300hp at the same boost level as the supercharged.

what's the big metal cylinder you can see about 10 sec into the video when you're panning over the engine? I'm talking about the one the cold side charge pipe runs around. is that your intake for the turbo?

yea that the air filter .. i will run a pipe down out of the engine bay later one .. maybe ...

the only difficult thing is the headders but with a jig they could be reproduced.

this kit would allow the use of any 3.8 or 3800 front wheel drive block with the exception of the headders because they have diffrent style flanges.

a sereis 2 95 and newer 3800 has 205 hp n/a and like 280 ft-lbs replacement entire engine is like 300$

series 2 supercharged engine changed to turbo will have 300hp at the same boost level as the supercharged.

What is the weight of the Buick motor/drivetrain versus the Subie????????

"Belief does not make truth. Evidence makes truth. And belief does not make evidence."

This is very interesting...I have access to a series 2 supercharged engine. When I first saw the thread, I didn't know how fitment would be for the different engines, but...this is definitely interesting. My dad has an old one from 97, a grand prix gtp that he hardly uses because he's got another car and the gtp is for fun. But...I wonder what the clearances would be for the 2nd generation engine bay.

Congrats on everything frank_ster, this is one hell of a machine. Sounds sweeter than a lambo IMO, it's got a rustic feel to it.