LegacyGT.com

Front main and cam seals.

I was just wondering how much would it cost to have the front main and cam seals replaced by a shop like for example firestone? The reason I ask is because I have what looks like a leak coming from under the crank pully. I have worked on cars since I was 14yrs old but I am moving in about a month and I don't really have the time to have this car down. it's a 2007 2.5i limited.

My main thing is the timing of the engine I hate timing motors especially with a belt.

Any input would be helpful.

thanks

First ask Firestone to quote you the price to do the timing belt, crank and cams seals if it is $400-$575 that isnt terrible (you supply your parts). If they dont allow that, double that figure.

Second I would simply order the crank and cam seals along with a timing belt and pulley kit you can skip the water pump to cut down on cost (the WP in all three that i have changed have always been in perfect operating condition I sold all three used).

Find a local shop that has experience on Subaru if possible or at least a mechanic that knows them at a local shop. Have them do the Timing service and replace the crank and cam seal its adds 30 minutes to the job and that is being very liberal.

I suggest this method b/c having Firestone or Goodwrench etc so a crank and cam seal only job will cost nearly the same and youll miss out on the timing. Also they dont like to put in your parts typically, but each shop is different.

I had timing kits, crank and cams seal installed for ~$520 that included the parts I bought off Amazon.com and the labor charge my local shop (Mach V) charged.

Archived