LegacyGT.com

car is still not in...how long do i have

I signed the contract Feb 12th and was told my white LGT limited would be in 2 weeks, then later said mid march. I called them today and they're telling me end of March if I'm lucky but no gaurantees. I was just wondering how long do i have before I can legally back out of this contract? It's been over a month and I still don't have a car.

in the us in some states you have 24-48 hours after delivery to bring it back if i'm not mistaken. you should be able to ask the dealer or a consumer agency if you think you'll get a run around to cancel. you should also be able to get your deposit back (sometimes by law) if they ever want to see you again as a customer

This is not my beautiful car.

Damn, I just ordered an '05 Volvo S40. Estimated delivery date is mid-June. Of course, Volvo makes all their cars in Sweden so....

note: I did not choose the S40 over a Legacy. Wife and I currently share a '05 OBXT. We'll share both cars once I get the S40.

i got screwed the same way signed the dec 11th car delivered the dec 24

call every day

show up if possible

be 100% sure that the milage on the odometer is what was on the contract

have them rewrite the contract with new milage if nessicary

its illegal for them not to ;0 (called odometer fraud)

it got even worse for me

car was delivered dirty (coffee stains on consol-dandruf on passenger head rest) with 1/16 of a tank of 89(or less) octane

the payment stub didn't come until the 14 of jan .. haveing been due jan 11th so i got to pay a late fee

soa called last night to remind me its time to do maintance .. i told them that i would light my car on fire before i took it back to that dealer

just curious as to why people are signing contracts without the car? If you are ordering its one thing, but if you are getting one from say another dealer or what not, you shouldn't be signing for it sight unseen. Put a deposit or something to keep the price, but i know i sure wouldn't be signing without the car there.

To that!!! http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v294/elconi13/esmilis/av-dancingbanana.gif

good luck though getting that quickly

just curious as to why people are signing contracts without the car? If you are ordering its one thing, but if you are getting one from say another dealer or what not, you shouldn't be signing for it sight unseen. Put a deposit or something to keep the price, but i know i sure wouldn't be signing without the car there.

Dont take somthing you dont really want like i did. I wanted a white GT Limited auto with a spoiler and a subwoofer. The dealer said I'd have to wait about 8-10 weeks unless they did a dealer trade, which i said no way and my car got smashed to hell!! so i couldnt wait for a car that long, The dealer gave me a good deal with a bunch of free stuff and free tints for getting a black one with everything but the subwoofer. I had a black car once and i swore I'd never get black again, but since i didnt have time to wait, im driving somthing i didnt want and i kick myself everytime i look at my car being black not white. Well worth the wait!

It shouldn't be that hard. I made my deal, got the car through a dealer trade two days later. Really the only things you should have to wait for is whether it is a Limited or not and then the color. Everything else can be added at a later date. If it has an option you don't want, try and talk them down. Easier said than done sometimes, but still.

Archived