LegacyGT.com

All right everyone, I have a few questions I can't seem to find an answer to. I have an 06 LGT with stage 2 Cobb tune, CNT catted DownPipe and invidia q300 exhaust. I want to bring the volume up a bit on it. Sounds good but a little too quiet for me. I want to play my neighbors the song of my people every morning. When I was a Wicked Big meet, watching the Exhaust competition, i heard some dirty, dirty things coming from the back of this wagon:
Now I'm not looking for anything that drastic yet, but some more "POP" between shifts and when I let off the accelerator would be ideal. Is it a matter of removing the resonator and muffler deletes, or what? Any help is appreciated. Looking for something like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZle-QSM_eo

If you want a pop/backfire on deceleration get a gfb response and adjust it to vent to atmosphere enough for it to go rich when you take your foot off the pedal. However, doing this may cause damage to your catalytic converter.

Just take off the mufflers. My Spec has not had them on for a long time, it pops when I shift, has a nice rumble.

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x40/92Si/th_VID00001.jpg

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

You can have my stockers but shipping is gonna bone you unless you NJ local and wanna pic them up. I have heard about BOV damaging a non- front mount equipped car so definitely not doing that. Ill do a muffler delete when I get time, and see what happens.

You can have my stockers but shipping is gonna bone you unless you NJ local and wanna pic them up. I have heard about BOV damaging a non- front mount equipped car so definitely not doing that. Ill do a muffler delete when I get time, and see what happens.

I'll take them if you don't want them. I can pick them up jersey is only like 2 hours away.

You give LGT owners a bad name. Don't be an asshole.

:lol: Haha, Joel...this from a guy that was sporting an e-cutout on his LGT. However, I'm sure you never used it for any asshole-like behavior :lol::lol:

I can't condone disturbing the neighbor's peace (I even worry about that with my "quiet" SPT) but I'm really surprised how good the muffler-less setup sounds Max Capacity. Thanks for the clip.

Yes, its amazing how good it sounds and how its not to loud. That's stage 1 on the stock dp and midpipe.

I have been wanting to go stage 2 but, not sure how loud it will be with a high flow cat, and I keep finding other places for the money...But I do wish the car had more power like my wagon, but I keep finding other places for the money.

Some day I'll get off the $$$ and buy a DP.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

:lol: Haha, Joel...this from a guy that was sporting an e-cutout on his LGT. However, I'm sure you never used it for any asshole-like behavior :lol::lol:

I can't condone disturbing the neighbor's peace (I even worry about that with my "quiet" SPT) but I'm really surprised how good the muffler-less setup sounds Max Capacity. Thanks for the clip.

I had an e-cutout because I didn't want to be an asshole. I ran stock mufflers with it so people didn't have to hear "the song of my people" early in the morning.

I like boxer rumble as much as anyone else, but don't think everyone else should have to endure it in their neighborhoods.

While i respect you for that man, I want to take my car in a different direction. Im not asking you to like it, I was asking for input. And as for the "song of my people" line. It was a joke, so no need to overreact. I went to remove mufflers today for a test but the bolts were quite rusty and the one time I needed it i had no wd40. Also notice my mufflers weren't even on their hangers so i remedied that.

Rusty bolts can be cut off, that's normal. You can replace them with any 3/8" nuts and bolts from the hardware store.

PB Blaster and anti-sieze compound are your best friends.

actually watched OP's video links - how much flame do you want?

this thread, http://www.iwsti.com/forums/gr-exhaust/194251-i-want-flames-out-exhaust-help-2.html , has some suggestions for getting flame on.

I have been told (no video) that my wagon used to flame when downshifting at the track. Would have been great to get a shot of that along with the glowing brake rotors (got black-flagged for orange rotors on an evening lapping session)

Yea, fire is cool, I have a picture of our civic on anti-lag waiting for the lights to come down at Etown, Even had a burn spot in the lawn where we tried it once.

Found this from the burn out.

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x40/92Si/DSC_0213_copy3.jpg

Archived