LegacyGT.com

'05 stutters. '06 stutters. '07 stutters ....

So if each year stutters, why the hell do all these '07 guys think Subaru is going to fix the stutter they haven't been able to fix for the last three years???

The '05 and '06 reflash never got rid of the stutter. It was only a temporary fix that reduced it.

:spin:

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Because the '07 stutter is more severe.

I drove an '06 when I was in the market for a leggy. The stutter was noticeable, but not dangerous. Then, I bought my '07. By the second week of ownership, the stutter had appeared. The car will fall flat on it's face at WOT. I think twice about merging on the highway it is so bad.

That's so weird. I've had 2 2005 Legacy GT's and the only stutter I ever noticed was right at it's primary spool-up range around 2800 RPM's if you were feathering the throttle. It either wants to run balls out or no throttle. It only hesitates a little at that particular RPM. On a side note, both of my 05 LGT's were(are) early production 05's having been made in April of 2004 and August of 2004. My current wagon was August 2004.

Can anyone with a LGT that has a stutter take a video of the tach/spedo with a naration of what you're doing as it happens? I haven't noticed anything odd in my '05 and the other few '05/'06's that I've driven haven't been any different. I just wanna see what it's like when it happens.

I think that with the '05 and '06, people had different results of stutter as well. Some people said it was non-existant, while others called it undriveable.

I just question if everyone is comparing apples to apples.

My '07 stutters a bit, but only when I really go WOT from a more modest low speed. If I jump on it from a stop, I don't have nearly the same trouble. Dunno if I can get a video of the tach, I'll see what I can do. I think I need a helmet cam... kinda like what Luke Skywalker had when he tried to bullseye the Death Star. :lol:

my 05 was smooth from stock through stage2 and them some

my 08 spec has hesitation at 4500rpm like someone mixed up my ecu rom with a rom from a nintendo game. its seriosly like a momentary soft rev limiter.

how many 05's and 06's stayed stock until over 20,000 miles without stuttering? 07's and 08's have it BAD, and right off the lot. so what's different now? we actually want subaru to do something about it.

im so tired of people saying their 05 was stutter free from stock to stage2, go drive a higher mileage 05-06 or test drive a 07-08, it IS there and it IS bad. fill out the petiton while you are at it.

carter and I are actually trying to get this fixed, if you aren't stock and don't have it great, but seriously, what is the usefulness of this thread brady?

For the first time, I had a "fall flat on face" moment at WOT. I've had stutter since day 1....but that one scared me. I definitely did a WTF look at the gauges.

I'm getting a laptop in the next couple days and am looking into data logging (first timer) and will post whatever I find.

"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed." - T. Jefferson

i had an 05 for 36,000 miles and i've never experianced any stutter/ hesitation. my 08 stutter is bad, intermittent but bad. i filled out your petition also. honestly i think soa will either come too little or too late.

why cant soa just pay some competent tuner to iron out their maps since the engineers are lacking considerably behind on tuning parameters. we could have a working map in basically one business day.

i think the AP or ecutek tune will be our first/readily available fix for this, its a shame that its something we have to pay for.

btw i swapped out all of my 05lgt hardware to the 08 spec b hoping somehow it would smooth things out and it doesnt. so basically i'm riding it out till AP/ i find a closer ecutek tuner to my market (shorty DP, SPT v1 catback, SPT intake, Perrin TMIC)

how many 05's and 06's stayed stock until over 20,000 miles without stuttering? 07's and 08's have it BAD, and right off the lot. so what's different now? we actually want subaru to do something about it.

im so tired of people saying their 05 was stutter free from stock to stage2, go drive a higher mileage 05-06 or test drive a 07-08, it IS there and it IS bad. fill out the petiton while you are at it.

carter and I are actually trying to get this fixed, if you aren't stock and don't have it great, but seriously, what is the usefulness of this thread brady?

my 06 LGT does not stutter. i bought it at 18k miles (used obviously) a few weeks ago and it is now at 28k miles. it is completely stock except for a CAI. i think it may be flashed though since it did not hit cutoff before i hit 140mph. anyways, the car runs like a dream so i am not sure why they can't fix the stutter in other LGTs.

strike

there is no denying that the stutter exists to some degree on 05 and 06 models, and that the "fix" was bogus. it is very bad on 07s and 08s, and there are threads popping up about the issue as often as "what oil should i use" threads (about as informative too).

if you have stutter, take it to the dealer, and get a case #, fill out the petition. if you don't have the stutter, be helpful and direct those that are seeking information to the appropriate place. i don't see a reason for yet another thread only for the sake of complaining about people complaining about their stutter. the only responses of course are "my stutters" and "mine doesn't stutter".

i honestly do not think subaru will take any action and issue a fix or recall, and that aftermarket is the only option, but it doesn't stop me from trying to seek a fix and the more complaints we can take to subaru the better.

37,xxx miles on my 05. never modified.. no stutter

I am still trying to get something out of Subaru. Nobody wants to admit to a problem. I have PMed someone on the COBB forums about some dealer updating an 07 ECU even though Subaru says there is no fix out for a problem that "doesnt exist"

And I dont want to be mean to anybody or leave anyone out. but I would honestly FORGET about 05 LGT's. 05 was the new redesign with many problems and it was really the first release of a brand new car. I have always used the rule when buying a car, forget about the first new model, wait for the kinks to work out, usually the next model year or so, and then buy. In 06 the problem should have been fixed if it was brought to Subaru's attention soon enough, and if they even cared to do anything about it, now 07 and 08 models come along with the same problems. My take on it is Subaru doesnt give a crap and dealers dont really care either. The only way something will happen, and I'll say it again, is if people start calling Subaru, explaining the problem, getting case numbers, going to the dealer and having it checked out. Even if the problem is denied or youre told your car is operating within Subaru's guidlines at least they are aware that we are here and we know there is a problem with the car. No new car should act this way and bottom line is we want it fixed. If I have to keep calling Subaru and going to the dealer, I dont care. If I take it in so many times within the 12,000 lemon law I will be contacting a lawyer and my insurance company, and of course the lienholder. I'm not putting up with this shit. I test drove an LGT fresh off the lot before I bought, and the ECU's on those are still learning. So its going to work and run OK. Now with 2800 miles on my car I can say its a pain in the ass and I am starting to hate it. In order to properly enjoy it, I have to keep the engine running at high RPM's (not redline though) which will eventually cause something to fail.

P.S. My case was denied. My car is operating within the Subaru guidlines but it doesnt end there. I'll keep you updated.

P.P.S. I think we should not use the word stutter anymore either, because a lot of people didnt know what it means. Even some users here have no clue. I refer to it as "Power delivery is not smooth and consistant." People and the techs like to feed you the "Turbo Lag" bull crap, but I've been in my share of turbo cars and I know wtf turbo lag is.

Archived