LegacyGT.com

Cubby hole radio recommendation

JMLegacy

I've searched the forums and found some old posts with cubby hole single DIN install. Most of them are outdated with dead links to the products, etc.

Can anyone guide me as to what would be the procedure so I can relay that to my audio install guy?

I plan to run a pioneer single din with amps in the trunk. Also want the radio power to be controlled like regular radio installs.

I'm running a 2004 JDM legacy (BL5) with auto climate control

So your looking to put a single Din radio in your Cubby hole if I got this right. If so All you need to do is go to japanparts.com. They have the single din radio. Or you could go the other way and get a replacement for the Auto climate control and replace your Double din radio. Since you have a JDM legacy already it will fit nicley.

EDIT: Here is a site that has many different ways for you.

http://www.avojdm.com/index.php?cPath=26_54_60&osCsid=646baf820a0bbe966e127c15424644c2

Thanks much :) . I think I'd want to keep my factory radio for aesthetics. What I'd want for sure are wire harnesses to get the after market radio to work. I'm going to take my time n build enough knowledge and gather all necessary resources b4 I start

Edit: or I may go double din route. Reading time more first

DD route is nice, just a shame it is so expensive requiring a about $400 just to get the JDM kit and wiring.

I just put a DD in my wife's CRV and a complete kit with face plate and all necessary wire harnesses was less than $40 shipped! Definitely glad I have the DD in the LGT though, just pissed at Subaru for integrating the HVAC controls with the radio.

For the wiring, see this post (#28 in that thread). Also scroll down to post #40 there.

In a nutshell, you need to keep the power and illumination connections to your factory head unit (HU) and HVAC controls, and also connect your new HU to power and your car's speakers.

Archived