LegacyGT.com

2nd to 3rd WOT stutter

Bought the car with 40k miles, I have put on about 4k. Do not know if the 30k maintenance was done or not. (all the fluids looked clean)

Feels like it loses power or has a stutter when WOT in 2nd @ about 3300 RPMS and again at 4500. There is some hesitation in the acceleration....just feels like I let off the gas a tiny bit, not as smooth as i would expect. Jerky almost. It seems more prominent when I am in Sport#. Maybe the clutch is slipping a hair? or maybe a misfire? Turbo ? Maybe I am just crazy and its running fine? :confused:

What can I check to see or where can i take it to ensure things are running properly? I want to do stage 2 but I want to know things are in good working order first. Dealership?

I purchased some MAF cleaner and plan to do that tonight/this weekend. Figured that could only help things.

I have some Iridium plugs too, but i was going to wait until I was closer to 60k to swap those out.

If you're on the stock map, I recall the power band being less than smooth. Stage1 AP took care of the bad stock map.

Just finishing up on a stage2 as we speak.

If you're concerned about how the car is running, hook up a scanner and look for data. If the car stutters it might be knock sensor.

yeah stock map...I was considering getting the Cobb AP right away and flashing the ECU to stage 1. Maybe this will smooth things out to my satisfaction.

Does the Cobb AP give the data you are referring to? or do I need to get a real OBDII scanner to collect pertinent data?

yeah stock map...I was considering getting the Cobb AP right away and flashing the ECU to stage 1. Maybe this will smooth things out to my satisfaction.

Does the Cobb AP give the data you are referring to? or do I need to get a real OBDII scanner to collect pertinent data?

It's got a host of data feeds and if I'm not mistaken it will record data. Never used the capture feature though.

Found the video

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlHP4gFiVrY]COBB AccessPORT Data Logging Step-by-Step - YouTube[/ame]

• 2 weeks later...
I am so happy to see I am not the only one who experiences this issue! Baci- let me know if it fixes your issue. I want to check my turbo before I do any performance mods.

will do! I hope to work on things this week, last week did not give me much time. I got the MAF cleaner and now I just need to look up how to do that. After i do that i will probably bite the bullet and get the cobb AP and flash to stage 1. AP will have to come after some maintenance though, my drivers side tire is wearing bad on the outer edge.

will do! I hope to work on things this week, last week did not give me much time. I got the MAF cleaner and now I just need to look up how to do that. After i do that i will probably bite the bullet and get the cobb AP and flash to stage 1. AP will have to come after some maintenance though, my drivers side tire is wearing bad on the outer edge.

I thought you owned Cobb AP. There is a free open source you can log with and a laptop.

Rob - no not yet. thanks for that insight! I will google the open source ap and check things out before I spend the $$ on a AP. There is a chance I wont even go stage 2 so it might not be needed, however I do read that flashing it stage 1 smooths things out a lot.

Rob - no not yet. thanks for that insight! I will google the open source ap and check things out before I spend the $$ on a AP. There is a chance I wont even go stage 2 so it might not be needed, however I do read that flashing it stage 1 smooths things out a lot.

Stage 2 has made this car one I will keep longer. You spend About $600 on a DP and UP plus a tune. I'm pushing about 16psi it's a very nice motor now.

Stage 1 will take care of that stuttering issue. I remember having the same questions a few years ago and worrying about it. I went cobb stage 1 (other cheaper flashes can be better) and it all went away. I was pumped.

I experienced this. Wish I'd just jumped right to a stage 2 tune, skipped the AP and gone with an etune.

• 3 months later...
I would say that the issue was most certainly the OEM maps. Flashed it stage 1 with a cobb AP and poof. Smooth power now in all gears. So worth the money, I would tell anyone with this car to flash it somehow with new stage 1 maps. Now I just need to buy a DP and go stage 2.

Archived