LegacyGT.com

Bridgestone G009>=RE92a?

andrew_j

Hello,

We coming up to replacing our RE92a's on our LGT. We have an interest in the Bridgestone G009 as they provide some snow traction according to owners I have asked.

My question is does anyone know if the dry handling is at least on par (hopefully better) with the RE92a? They are H-rated instead of Z-rated.

I bought them, and love them. They grep a heck of a lot better than the RE92's that came with the car. Also, the limiter on the car is set lower than the top speed of the G009. Do you really need to be driving that fast anyway? ;)

Adam.

tire ratings are for continous, steady speed....... say its rated at 149mph. that means it will hold, not warp, loss shape,ect-- up to & at 149mph for a long period of time. so really a 'Z' rated tire doesnt mean (is some cases.. like this one) that its better then a 'H' rated tire that u may want to put on.

really, i, myself really look at the temp & traction ratings first, then a speed rating to take care of the highway speeds & track speeds for a over all great tire.

& usually u will pay more for a 'Z' tire then anything else.... im sure u all have seen.

Archived