LegacyGT.com

A Deer Hit Me

I was driving home, hit a Deer on a lonely piece of mountain road in West Virginia. I juked to the right and caught the deer's head right on the corner of the car, luckily the only damage was a shattered headlamp, corner lamp, dent to the driver door, (it opens when you lift the handle, and the door) and then the deer's jawbone shredded my rear driver quarter panel and shattered the rear tail lens. I have deer hair in my door handle, and in the rear lens assembly. It could have been a lot worse. The last time I hit a deer was in a '97 Jetta, with my family, and the whole car spun out on the side of a mountain, I was the VW Keiichi Tsuchiya. Pretty bad a** really.

In any case

I found a gentleman that has all of the light assemblies that I need, his car is a 1995 Subaru Legacy; in my experience the same model run everything fits the other years. So my question is, will they bolt up? I've looked around this forum and NASIOC and the Internets and can't find any definitive info. Thank you for your help.

In another question, I just moved to WV and the state doesn't require front license plates, went to take off the front plate bracket and it seems the screw heads are a soft rubber that my Phillips screwdriver just shredded, any ideas hot to remove them, other than to drill them out? Thanks again

I got hit by a deer too about 6 years ago. Going through Oklahoma at night, my daughter driving and I'm in the passenger seat. I see a deer coming in from her side and warned her about it, but it was too late. She hit the brakes, and when the deer got to the road he tried to stop and slid sideways into the driver side of the car. The entire drivers side had minor damage; luckily we didn't hit him head on. The insurance company gave me a check for $120 less than I had paid for the car and I've been driving it like that ever since. The family calls it "The Deer Car"

glad it wasnt too bad overall, could have been worse. i have a 95 with the two piece head lights on it, so im sure the one piece will fit yours.

a house cat ran out in front of my wagon and busted one of my outback fog lights. the cat ran off, too. damn cat.

There wasn't much damage. Worthless? Gees...for a more visceral impact, I wish I'd gotten a picture of the deer saliva that had sprayed across the windshield on impact. I'm having some small issues uploading the pictures. I've got the parts. Hopefully they'll pass the car

Eastern panhandle esque, Keyser area. That's where my wife's family is from. My dad's from Anawalt/Blue field area. I hadn't realised that they had changed the bulb type after '95. I ended up retrofitting the 9003 bulb's plate to a 9007 bulb, and it worked out. I do have pics of those as well.

Archived