LegacyGT.com

installing a blow out valve

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEx03FQLO5s&feature=related]YouTube - How To Install Turbo XS BOV for 09 WRX[/ame]

That should help somewhat. Different car but the concept and location I believe are the same. This should give you a rough idea though.

the moral is the subarus have mass airflow fuel calculations, instead of speed density. the mass airflow meter is before the turbo. if there is a blow off valve installed on this system other than a recirculation valve witch it has the air being dumped off will be under stood to the computer as air that is going into the engine so it will provide the fuel associated with that air. typically what happens is once the bov is set so that the car can run it will have a shot of black smoke at every shift.

what i did was when i installed a front mount intercooler i placed the mass airflow sensor just before the throttle plate and the bov just after the turbo. this allows the mass airflow sensor to acutately read the air actually going into the engine.

the down side of this is the maf can get dirty with oil and some dust. then loose acuracy.

Now that's thinking out of the boxer!:lol:

fyi all 05 + legacy's have built in code reader

I sold my 1.8T Jetta to a friend a few years ago. I had to all hooked up...APR chip, AEM intake, H&R springs...ect...well, since it was in S. Florida, a friend of his told him the CAI was a bad idea since it rains and floods alot there. I had the CAI on there for 2 years, and his "friend" removed the CAI pipe and just plugged the filter on the end of the MAF. He didn't plug the recirc tube and end result...No boost, and I am quite sure the turbo is dead. Poor car...he has no idea what he's doing, or what he has...EDUCATE yourself before you do anything to the car. Don't put 87 octane in your car either...

what blow off valve is it? I run a gfb (hybrid bov) so i can recir 50% of the air being Blown off (lol) and i had it on my stock top mount, perrin top mount, and now my racerx front mount. with the top mounts i was and a turbo back i had no smoke in between shifts but in some cases you get a loud backfire. with my front mount i have no issues at all. just the occasional flame out the exhaust under hard shifts. the blow off valve will take even a unskilled mechanic 10 mins MAX.

what blow off valve is it? I run a gfb (hybrid bov) so i can recir 50% of the air being Blown off (lol) and i had it on my stock top mount, perrin top mount, and now my racerx front mount. with the top mounts i was and a turbo back i had no smoke in between shifts but in some cases you get a loud backfire. with my front mount i have no issues at all. just the occasional flame out the exhaust under hard shifts. the blow off valve will take even a unskilled mechanic 10 mins MAX.

its a hybrib bov, is it really loud?

A diverter valve doesn't sounds as nice as a pure BOV. But thats what our engines use so you should just stick with a DV (recirculating). 50/50 valves sometimes cause a CEL, not always, but the MAF is counting on all that air to be recirculated. All that for just a cheesy sound?

Anyone who says it is a negative upgrade is lost. The worst thing it will possibly do is run rich between shifts. Ive ran mine for 20k miles and not an issue. All it is is sound or no sound. If your an old man you wont like it because it makes noise. You will not lose power

Anyone who says it is a negative upgrade is lost.

There is NOTHING positive about it except for the sound, so yes, I think it is a negative upgrade. This is a highly subjective topic, the only objective aspect is that there are NO performance gains and you can sprinkle in some negative side effects.

Anyone who says it is a negative upgrade is lost. The worst thing it will possibly do is run rich between shifts. Ive ran mine for 20k miles and not an issue. All it is is sound or no sound. If your an old man you wont like it because it makes noise. You will not lose power

thanks bro, i think im going to install this soon

Archived