LegacyGT.com

The LI81TY - HippoSleek

LI81TY

Hey Guys...

FINALY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My bodykit just arrived today.. thanks to HippoSleek/WorksBell.. and to James from INTUITION Performance. We both have tryed out best to get this baby here, and we finaly did it.. well it's been in for a week hah but finaly in my hands.

SO you guys get first look :p

James is a wonderfull guy to deal with, I have bought so much stuff from him, everything has been mint condition. I have also got Tein Coilovers from the guys who make Liberal bodykits.. from there promo car, and James made sure I can get them, and they were in better condition then he told me hehe shocked us both.. they are NEWWW!!!!!!! I highly recommend James to everyone. We have delt some big $$ and everything is 110%! Well done mate, and thanks for you help.

Must give credit to HippoSleek/WorksBell, never seen a kit so smoothly finished, it's ready for a light sand and to be painted BLACK!!!!

This I belive is the first ever Internaionaly Shipped HippoSleek/WorksBell MY06 Liberty Bodykit.. There was another one in shipment as well, apparently.

Anyways enough of the silly talk and here a pic below for the Front Bar.. will post some side skirt and rear lip pics for for you all as well... I was just a bit to excited about the front end hehe :lol::icon_bigg:icon_lol::icon_tong

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b194/NSWCruises/LI81TY/Kit-Small.jpg

This is to be the final out come for the front bar once sprayed and fitted.. I cannot wait... also got some nice deep dish rims on there way, then off to autosalon we go... :munch:

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b194/NSWCruises/LI81TY/photo5.jpg

Yeah fiberglass mate.. poohh the whole back room smells of it atm hehe.

The front grill is all fiberglassed to the front bar.. so the front bar + grill is all one peice :)

We just have a little slight prob atm.. with the rear bar, apparently i think jap rear bar is 3cm shorter then the AU rear bar.. so might have to alter the rear bottom lip :( but everything else should fit. So will give it a fitting and see what happends. And take some pics with the kit on the car, before it's painted!

Hmm not sure? James had the same problem with his Liberal Kit.. that his rear bar was 3cm shorter.. but everything else fit. ANd rang him today.. and he said they found out that the jap rear bar is 3cm shorter..

Hopefully it will fit.. I have no yet had a look, but there needs to be a little altering still.. as you know between where out exhausts are.. there is like a plastic kit bit? well there rear bottom lip didn't allow for that, so will need to make it fit there.

Hard to explain.. might post some pics of that as well.. casue I think alot of people will have these problems with Jap Kits to fit Au Libertys.. as this is the 3rd time it's happend to people I know of hehe

Another posibility is that you got the kit for a stationwagon and you have a sedan? I know the sedan and wagon have slightly different rear bumpers.

Yup, and the JDM rear bumper isn't as big as the Oz one - don't know the exact dimensions, but it's pretty obvious when my car is parked near an Oz one.

• 4 weeks later...
Hey dude.. no updates as yet.. hopefully 2mororw I get to put her on and make sure that the front bar and sides fit.. and get started on the rear bar :D!! will post osme pics of it on the car.. while still in gel coat.. she be on very soon.. (just bit hard with out a job now :()

Archived