LegacyGT.com

Tire Pressure Monitor

Jack Giovo

I have a set of four that I removed from a set of rims because I have no TPMS on my car. Here is the part number: 28103SA002/AG01C PM me if you would like to buy them. They are missing the valves, but these can be bought for roughly $1.50 each.

Keep in mind that your car will only be programmed with one set of sensors at any given time, and the car is unable to detect and learn about the new sensors (Subarus are pretty basic in this regard). If you buy a second set of wheels that have TPMS sensors in them, you'll continue to have the TMPS light on the dash until you bring the car somewhere and have the new sensors programmed (and that place will likely be a Subaru dealership).

When you switch your wheels back again, you'll have the same exact problem and need to have your old wheels programmed into the car once again.

Currently, my summer wheels have no sensors in them at all and I just tolerate the TPMS light on the dash. Sure beats spending 100 bucks on wheel sensors plus 25 bucks twice a year to have them programmed into the car.

You can buy the sensors direct from Tire Rack or other companies that sell them. I have a set of Tire rack ones in my car because my OEM ones died at 100k as they said they would. I also purchased the programming unit and the wake up tool for new sensors so I can swap back and forth if I end up getting a second set of wheels. I could also perform this swap for anyone who wanted to re-program their car with their new sensor ID's.

I made a thread about all of this a while ago...

This is the stuff I have

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/tpms-solved-156248.html

You can program the tool with two sets of sensors so you just plug it in and push the proper button to upload the right sensors and your done... Really quick and easy thing to do if you don't mind investing the money on it. I used it ONLY to install new sensors and haven't gone the rim route yet so I don't use it regularly but it was worth the money to not have to deal with Subaru to do this.

• 1 month later...

I disagree... most people that have an issue with tpms do so because they like to swap multiple sets of tires and not have a nanny light flashing at them...

So normally, you'd have to buy 4 sensors, a reprogramming tool and a wakeup tool to accomplish this (or pay a shop to do it for you)... then you have to buy new sensors when the 8 you have go dead...

Or

$250 one time... end of story.

If I can find something like this that is easy to install and just plain works... I'm all over it.

As always with forums I guess we have different views on things... and will never agree.

My sensor have been working for 70k miles since I put them in so they don't die often enough to bitch about honestly... Do I regret buying that stuff and installing them... NO because they actually work and tell me when my tire pressures are fluky which I don't check every morning.

For me the investment was worth it and I will buy another set of sensors when these die as well as a secondary set if I get a set of rims.

Archived