LegacyGT.com

Suspension upgrades.. missing anything cool/necessary?

TurboBrett

My 05 LGT's (87K, sedan) stock suspension was getting a little old and tired so I went with bilstein HD + Rallitek springs + 1/2" saggy butt spacers (I have a hitch and often a bike rack in it). I've installed all that already, and now I am about to install the WL front and adjustable rear LCA bushings.

I'm thinking I should also go ahead and do the roll center kit, steering rack bushings, and eventually sways. For sways, so far I was thinking RalliTEKs 22front,19rear.

My car is my daily driver and my goals are better dampening (bilsteins - check), less lean (check - still need sways though), more stability all around (high speed, low speed, turns - looking for bushings to help with that).

Am I missing anything or on the wrong track?

Thanks

-Brett

The roll center kit probably isn't necessary with those springs. Up to you though. I would do steering rack bushings, sway bars, and new end links instead. I was really surprised how much of a difference new poly end links made when I already had that other stuff done.

Don't forget the AVO reinforced mounting brackets for the rear sway bar. I've talked to two local people to me that had warped their subframe due to the incredibly weak rear mounting point on the Legacy.

I've got the rallitek endlinks on a 25mm rear bar and haven't had any issues yet, but I won't get to auto-x this set up for a few more weeks to know if they'll hold up.

It's cool; I'm with the band

would the roll center kit be necessary with springs like H&R brand? I have a whiteline 22 mm fixed sway bar along with some heavy duty endlinks sitting on bilstein hd shocks? Thats currently my set up right now, and im looking for more ways to improve the shitty stock suspension.

steering rack bushings and maybe some lca bushings as well will be my next suspension mod

Archived