LegacyGT.com

Official WISLOC Thread

zzztech13

Anyone every hear about someone getting ticketed in WI for lightly tinted tail lights? I've heard the debates about safety so no need to get into that. I don't intend on going very dark, just a light smoke and will be testing it out for night and day visibility to ensure safety. I've also read the laws on it but wanted to see if it is much of a hassle with state patrol.

• Replies 632
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I haven't been given any flack for mine yet. I got the cut-outs, though, to retain as much light output as possible.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8058/8233600679_ee19dba7ef_c.jpg

I get more flack for my license plate covers. (tinted)

I've also been pulled over for tinted windows. Cop thought I may have had drugs in the car.

Car otherwise looks pretty stock.

State patrol near Racine has hit me once for tint and local sheriff was also looking for something to do. In fact, with the sheriff, I was already pulled over on the side of the road doing screen shots from a 2nd gear pull. He pulled me over (while I was pulled over) and asked what I was doing.

Me: Just doing some data logging officer.

Him: Ahh, Ok! I was just making sure you were ok. Mind if I see your license?

Me: Ok, here you go sir!

After he runs my plates

Him: So what are you logging?

Me: You know, air fuel ratio, knock count, wastegate duty cycle

Him: Ah! You're trying to get better fuel mileage!

Me: Yes sir!!!

Him: Well just to let you know, your license plate covers are illegal and should be removed.

Me: OH! OK, I will take care of that!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm also in Milwaukee.

I got pulled over by a state trooper for running a yellow light last week. First thing he did was check to see if I had a front plate. I'm pretty sure I would have gotten a ticket if anything was illegal with my car. Having anything illegal gives cops free reign to pull you over. Not worth it IMO.

I did a black interior swap to my wagon a few weeks ago. I have the tan carpet out of an 05' wagon sitting in my garage. It's in decent shape, just needs a good cleaning. Free to anyone willing to come get it. I have pretty much everything if anyone local is looking for something.

Anyone have opinions on good all year tires? I've mostly used Potenzas in the past but was thinking of the Continental Extreme Contact DWS. Was originally thinking Continental Extreme Winter Contacts for the stock tires and getting summer wheels/tires next spring but got a solid nudge from the wife to possibly wait (trying to start a family). Never had too much trouble with the Potenzas and I've been told I'm a pretty aggressive driver but are the winter tires really worth it around here?

Also, took alanztalon's advice and am getting all work needed (suspension upgrads, tires) done by 2 Guys Auto within the next couple of weeks. Seems like a solid place so far.