LegacyGT.com

07 Factory Remote Start

I have an OBXT with the factory remote start and only when it is cold, like in the morning, I will start the car, then press unlock and as soon as I open the door the alarm goes off. But after I have driven the car it will work fine later. I took it to the dealer, they can't figure it out, and said this is the first year for this option. Well what good is it if I can't use it to warm up the car. Even if I let it sit there for 10 min till it it warm, I get the same result. I have tried unlocking the car, then locking and starting, same result. What could it be. Why does it only do it after it sits a while. Makes no since. Help please.

Does anyone have a phone or email for a higher subaru rep then just my dealer, this is unsat.

Thanks in advance.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had a 99 Camry with a dealer installed remote start that worked with the factory keyless entry remote control. It was all on the one remote. I had to unlock my car with the remote, then use the remote start button.

That sounds like too simple of a fix for you, but I thought I'd mention it.

You might need a resistor on the Dome Light wire, or disarm wire it has been a while since i installed a remote starter but I remember that it only takes certian amount of power to trigger the alarm on the remote starter.. and I seem to remeber adding a resistor to correct the problem.

wish I could remember more, but that might point you in the right direction. I will see if I can dig up my old manual's.

• 1 month later...

HI,

I'm going to join you on this thread. Same problem. Good to know it's not just me.

I bought my 07 GT at the end of December. Dealer had problems with the remote starter install and delayed my pick up of the car. When I did get it, I was told that the alarm would go off if you open the door after doing a remote start. They were going to order a new model for me. I bring the car back in to get it fixed up and was told that they couldn't order the part yet because they still needed to do some more diagnostics. They did those, and decided to order the part. New part comes in, they install it and things seem to work fine for about a week.

I can't recall for sure, but I think I used the remote starter Friday morning. Then Friday afternoon I used it again and set off the alarm when I opened the door. I thought it was a bit of a fluke, perhaps I pulled the handle too soon or something. Tried it again on the weekend and it was fine. This morning, I set the alarm off again. ARRG! Tonight I drove the car home (about 20 minutes, car would have been warm), parked, tried the remote start a couple of times. Once I left the doors unlocked (which the remote start then locked), and the second time I locked the doors first. Both times the alarm went off. I didn't want to attract too much attention so I stopped my testing.

Not sure if you know this, but if you hold down the button on the remote starter for a few seconds it will turn off the engine. Then when you unlock the doors the alarm won't go off. Not a perfect fix, but at least an option that can be used until Subaru figures out what is going on.

I'll post back here if I find out anything new.

I have had mine back over a week now and so far working great. They ordered a whole new alarm, audivox makes them. I bet your problem is they didn't follow all of the steps. There is a black button you must also program. Audiovox has had a few of these things happen they said. If your dealer won't fix it, call SOA. Thats what I did, they got involved and I got my alarm fixed. Good luck, if I can be of any more assistance, let me know.

Hi,

Not to be a downer, but don't get your hopes up too high. My second one worked for a week before it failed again. I assume it was programmed correctly since it did work for a while. Perhaps there's two problems with the same symptoms, but I have my doubts about these units right now.

What is this "black button" that you mentioned?

Mine is located in the fuse panel under/in the dash.

Are you talking about the full device? I.e. about 3x4x1" with a pile of wires out one end and the antenna out the other? Or are you talking about something smaller?

The part where you remove the panel on the dash to get to some fuses. There is a black button there that the tech said he thought the previous installers did not program.

Hmm. That's the panel on the lower left of the steering wheel right? I see the fuses and I see a couple banks of relays to their right. I don't see anything that I'd call a button though.

The part where you remove the panel on the dash to get to some fuses. There is a black button there that the tech said he thought the previous installers did not program.

that button is to program the unit for vehicle idle speed, while programing you have to warm up the car til RPM's reach between 750-1000RPM then you have to press the brake pedal and black button (in fuse panel area) in order to program vehicle idle speed.

Wow, I've got nothing like that in there. Do you have any idea of what it does?

I have the Subaru Installation guide and that switch is not shown. The closest thing seems to be the underhood switch. Do you have the underhood switch? It's mounted at the powersteering fluid reservoir at the back left of the engine bay.

I've attached a picture of the instructions.

1627709749_Picture1.png.b2b1f9066d317555b918a12a48e2ed8f.png

Archived