LegacyGT.com

VF43 W/ STI IntakeManifold

Does anyone know if anyone if i would have trouble bolting these two things into my car? Even though i know i have to dremmel out the intake manifold holes to make it line up.. But what about the turbo clearance with where the throttle body sits and the turbo is mounted. It seems like it would be a little close to it.

You will also need an sti tmic or fmic, it should bolt up smoothly.

Imo sell the intake manifold, get a fmic (or a tmic that accepts sti fitment turbos) and save yourself the massive headache associated with installing that intake manifold. With the FMIC an STI fitment turbo is plug and play with the stock intake manifold.

i have a ETS Front mount already.. I am installing the turbo and the STI intake manifold.. But i realized i will have to get new piping from the throttle body,, but with the sti intake the vf43 look it too close to the throttle.

I run a VF43 that BNR made into an HTA 68. No clearance issues, just bolts right on. Just have to run a FMIC, which I am using a racerx FMIC. I do not have a STI intake manifold but that will work if you really wanted it.

it what i picked up for a really good price with 19K miles on it.. Almost new for 250.00 from a friend i knew.. I guess it the same reason to why people are running VF39 from my understanding and reading there is a difference but not that crazy.. Also it a temp turbo for me just wanted more power until i am finish building the motor. So far my mods are

06 Sti Trans, turbo back exhaust, headers, TGV deletes STi intake mani, DCCD, some suspension work.. Im looking to do bottom end this summer and head work with 272 cams and a 6262.

I ran a VF43 for a while - it is a fun turbo, definitely an improvement over the stock VF40. Really nice turbo if you go E85 - tons of low end torque! MAke sure you get tuned for it..

I think the point we are trying to make is that the STI intake manifold (i)offers no improvement in performance, (ii) is a pain in the ass to install and (iii) is not required to run an STI fitment turbo...especially since you have a FMIC. It does however look much nicer than the stock intake manifold.

oo yeah for sure.. i completely understand that there is no point to the intake manifold.. I guess in the end im just doing it to make it look nice to add some touch to the engine bay.. Yes deff looking to get this thing tuned untill the build is finished.. What do you think i can put out on pump gas?

Archived