LegacyGT.com

Headlight Upgrades - NON VENDOR UPDATE THREAD

IDRVSLO

I am in FL this weekend and will update everyone who has asked about tracking or status on Monday when I get back. Please keep in mind I am usually away during the weekends. I am not putting you off, just not home.
[

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking to get just Angel Eyes done but the 05' I bought has pretty cloudy headlights right now, even after doing a treatment kit. Anything you guys could do on that end to fix that and get a kit installed as well? Possibly a blackout or clear as well.

• 2 weeks later...
There is no guaranties as far as how long hids will last. Any company that advertises life time hids is bull crap. That because they use cheap bulbs and replacing a $6 bulb is nothing to them. And as far as the halos " beauty rings" :lol: they will probably outlast the car as long as you don't have them on all the time.

Thought Scott(Illuminous Designs) might answer. Bought set of HIDs from him and just installed today. Think he used morimoto HIDs in mine. These thing are cool so would use as often as possible. Hadn't seen anyone with issues but maybe a pm would be best. Edited by Ultrasounddude

same kit i also used in mine. but heres a direct qoute from the place i bought them.

but you may not want to read since you dont want anyone elses help.

Let’s not forget the 5-year warranty on the entire kit. The Morimoto Elite system is designed to run for 2500 hours, so that’s what it’s guaranteed for. Don’t let vendors with their BS “lifetime” warranties fool you into thinking you're buying something well-made with that lame excuse. (no HID's will last you a lifetime, and if you think that company will be around forever anyways let alone pick up the phone when you have a problem, think again).

amazing once again what google will help you find. :lol:

same kit i also used in mine. but heres a direct qoute from the place i bought them.

but you may not want to read since you dont want anyone elses help.

Not the case at all. On here to share ideas and get information. Was hoping Scott would chime in since he started this thread and I bought the lights from him. Never expected a lifetime guarantee. Just an idea of the life expectancy which you seem to of answered. 2500 hours should be good for 4.5 years if lights are on 1.5 hours a day.

I was just Joking around with you but yea I don't know what he's been so busy with I know that he was sick but that was a couple of weeks ago. Then he went to Florida but that was about a week and a half ago. Can't speak for him.

But I sent him a pm roughly 3-4 weeks ago just a guesstimate asking for some assistance on rebuilding my headlights. Because I was doing them myself. I understand that he has a business and doesn't want to give up his secrets. But he stated he would answer what he could. And I have yet to hear from him.

But that's fine I got my headlights done. Blacked out ambers removed. With morimoto hids tsx r lens upgrade. Halos and red demon eyes.

Good luck getting him to answer.

Keep it together gentlemen. Facts are that lights are a side business for Scott and the man has a family and other real life obligations to attend to. From what I understand he's been very busy with his personal life as of late and he's also stated on numerous occasions that he's not around on the weekends. I can only assume he's missed pms because they stack up and if he's currently working on multiple sets then those customers will come first. I've found if one pm isn't answered the best thing to do is drop one or two more just incase if it's urgent. If you've already got your lights sorted then great, if not hang in there and I'm sure we'll hear from Scott soon.

boosted, please do me a favor and do not post in my vendor thread with people about lights. Also furthermore slandering me is uncalled for. You answered your own question. I dont tell everyone how to do lights completely. I offer support and suggestions but not down to a T.

Everyone, I am back up on the net as of tonight. I will put out a bit of information here and on the main page. I try my best to answer PMs within 48hrs. There are circumstances when I cant, most are answered within a few hours. I might not get back to you over the weekend. I try to step away from computers and work during that time, if I get a PM late Friday I will most likely respond Sunday evening as I am doing now. As for the last 6 days, I have been without internet access and have been driving from PA to WA State so please understand that there could have been a longer delay.

Back on topic, I use Morimoto kits for the simple fact that their components are the best for what you are paying. They offer amazing customer service and support....and never go on back order.

Lights go out.......warranties are not lifetime........would your brake pads have a "real" lifetime warranty, or your clutch?

Just some food for thought.

Edited by IDRVSLO
[

First and foremost I was not slandering you. I stated that you were sick then in Florida. And that I understood that you didn't want to give away your secrets and sorry if it seemed that I was being a smart ass but I wasn't.

And for the record I recieved not one pm of assistance. But as stated I knew you were busy.

And in regards to the info that I gave him due to the fact that you were busy was straight from the website were morimoto hids are provided.

Awesome looking stuff on here. Just sent you a PM for the following:

-2013 black housing headlights from the special appearance package on the Outback, and I'd like to keep the stock amber corners

-TRS Morimoto H1 w/bi-xenon projector HID retrofit

Trying to stay simple as this is the family car, really just the bi-xenon retrofit as my BMW has them (and they're excellent). I do like the SAP black headlights too.

Thanks,

Michael

hey IDRVSLO, i sent a PM but it doesnt seem its registering in my account or yours. for some reason i cant send any PMs from this account. do you have an email? mine is kaitanium at gmail dot com if you can email me. thanks much, looking forward to it

• 2 weeks later...

Got my lights today and didn't waste a minute after work getting them installed. It's been a little bit of a wait but completely understandable with Scott moving and I absolutely love the look. All said and done it probably took me around and hour and a half to two hours to do the job by myself, prying the bumper from the fender was the worst part and I'm in no hurrty to do it again but overall an easy job. Thanks again Scott!

http://img715.imageshack.us/img715/39/imag0526d.jpg

Got my lights today and didn't waste a minute after work getting them installed. It's been a little bit of a wait but completely understandable with Scott moving and I absolutely love the look. All said and done it probably took me around and hour and a half to two hours to do the job by myself, prying the bumper from the fender was the worst part and I'm in no hurrty to do it again but overall an easy job. Thanks again Scott!

http://img715.imageshack.us/img715/39/imag0526d.jpg

Sweet, looks good now just add some 19' wheels and your set :)