LegacyGT.com

So how many built lgt's are out there?

So I haven't posted in the forums much in a while. Just wondering how many legacy's out there have a built motor? Mods, how they've held up, etc. Ive got a ej255 with weisco positions, eagle rods, killer b oil setup, port and polish, ti springs and retainers, custom reground cams, on a bnr 20g with all supporting mods. I have about 7500 miles since the build and is still going strong. Made about 350whp at 25 psi on 93 on a mustang dyno. Just curious to hear about other peoples setups and how they've liked/disliked them.

06 GT - Totalled 😢... to be continued

07 Spec B - Wife took over 🤔

06 i - getting built motor and 6 speed 😁

In the process of building now.

EJ257 with STi steel crank, Manley H Beam rods, CP forged 100mm pistons, King bearings, Crower cams with Manley SS valves, springs, and retainers, Moroso oil pickup and billet aluminum pan, Perrin fuel rails with DW850 side feeds, and that's about it so far. Short block should be done now and have to get the heads to the machine shop so I can't tell you at this point.

In the market for a legacy (picking up one tuesday this week! woohoo!), and stumbled upon quite a "built one". Test drove it at Towne Toyota in NJ. motor itself cost 9500 installed professionally apparently. My first real performance car i ever drove. I had no idea because the exterior was totally stock except tints and a front mount. Boy was I in for a surprise. Specs are approximately 425hp at wheels and 450ft/lb torque. Built at Precision Tuning Motorsports LLC. If anyone wants it, here you go http://townetoyota.com/Morris-County/For-Sale/Used/Subaru/Legacy-Sedan/2005-GT-Ltd-Silver-Car/24796378/ Drove amazing heavy stage 3 clutch was nice though. Meth injection was quite a surprise when I opened the trunk.

I suppose it's safe to say I have a "built" motor. I have anEJ257 that's been bored out to a 2.6L. It started life as an sit EJ257 then Topspeed Motorsports (In ATL) converted it to their RR1 race motor:

-New Subaru 2.5L engine block

-CP TS Spec Forged Pistons

-Forged EJ257 Crankshaft (modified)

-Carrilo TS Spec Connecting Rods

-ACL Race Series Main and Rod Bearings

-Modified Oil Passages

-Race Winning Tolerances

-Pinned Block

The full list is here: http://wrxatlanta.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35138

details in sig - too numerous to list.

25k miles on rebuilt engine. Flogged it last night in autocross, the old girl still runs great. cold, snowy day on all season tires and was dropping times like it was dry. Nothing like 6500rpms and having tire spin. :-)

Whenever avoworld has their intro day, will be putting it back on the dyno that it was tuned on. Will be curious how close the original numbers it is. 335wtq.

Mine's on a stock bottom end but I thought I would chime in.

VF52 - E85 - PWIC - ID1000 many other mods. 350whp 385wtq been running that way for 15k miles and no issues engine related.

Nice numbers indeed! I need to dyno mine again but it's pushing over 400hp and about ~350wtq if I remember correctly.

a track day will fix that "no issues engine related" problem. :-)

nice numbers!

Yeah, Never have launched the car nor do I intend to. And no track days for me. My daily fun is typically getting on the 241 toll road and then a few back road red lights.

Nice numbers indeed! I need to dyno mine again but it's pushing over 400hp and about ~350wtq if I remember correctly.

Thanks! Yeah the car is really impressive, catches people off guard when I get into it. Also the baby on board tag in the rear window makes it even that much more of a sleeper

I've got some stuff and 500whp.

Info in my sig.

I also made a 1/4mi pass in 11.4sec at 125mph.

Sweet! My Sti with 486whp ran an 11.6 at 123mph. But i was completely stock other then an FP Red with supporting mods.

Are you running a manual or auto tranny??

03 WRB WRX (RIP)

04 JBP STI (sold)

07 DGM Legacy GT (RIP)

12 OBP STI (DD)

Sweet! My Sti with 486whp ran an 11.6 at 123mph. But i was completely stock other then an FP Red with supporting mods.

Are you running a manual or auto tranny??

I've got some stuff and 500whp.

Info in my sig.

I also made a 1/4mi pass in 11.4sec at 125mph.

Nice man. Any weight reduction or fully intact? Im hoping mine is around mid 12s, but I'm not going back to the track till I get a backup car :(

Nice man. Any weight reduction or fully intact? Im hoping mine is around mid 12s, but I'm not going back to the track till I get a backup car :(

Thats probably the smart thing to do... same for me I just took out spare tire everything else was still there

03 WRB WRX (RIP)

04 JBP STI (sold)

07 DGM Legacy GT (RIP)

12 OBP STI (DD)

Thats probably the smart thing to do... same for me I just took out spare tire everything else was still there

Yeah Ive already blown the motor once and am on my second tranny. She's my only car and i need it to get to work. Plus i dont have the money to keep on fixing it all the time. I wanna pick up like a cheap civic or something just so i have something to fall back on.

Yeah Ive already blown the motor once and am on my second tranny. She's my only car and i need it to get to work. Plus i dont have the money to keep on fixing it all the time. I wanna pick up like a cheap civic or something just so i have something to fall back on.

Yea even modded properly it seems like these cars arent very track friendly like my sti was. I never had any problems with that car and it seems like everyday people are posting on here that their turbo blew and engine blew and this and that. Thank god i got a low milage 07 that was well taken care of and i have no plans of tracking this car. Actually thinking about selling it and getting another wrx.

03 WRB WRX (RIP)

04 JBP STI (sold)

07 DGM Legacy GT (RIP)

12 OBP STI (DD)

40,000 miles on my build running 25psi. pretty much zero issues other than blowing an IC coupler a couple times and a few tune adjustments. finally got a FFS loaded up can't wait to try it out :)

Awesome but do you track it regularly? I had 40-50 1/4 mile passes on my built sti with no issues. Not just daily driven :)

03 WRB WRX (RIP)

04 JBP STI (sold)

07 DGM Legacy GT (RIP)

12 OBP STI (DD)

my build is still in the works.

hoping to have it running by mid april.

outfront closed deck 2.5l

oem non nitride sti crank

manley turbo tuff

manley pistons

king xpg bearings

b25 heads

gsc s2 cams

supertech +1mm valves, supertech springs/retainers

full race borgwarner 8375 91 a/r

custom 3" single exit exhaust

rotated sti intake manifold with custom piping

2150cc fic injectors top feeds, with tgv deletes

and a ton of extras

this thing should make 650+ on e85 at around 35 psi. track hp will be mid 400s to make it still fun to track until i feel comfortable upping the boost when i track it.

got some ast 5300s im also throwing on. :)

my build is still in the works.

hoping to have it running by mid april.

outfront closed deck 2.5l

oem non nitride sti crank

manley turbo tuff

manley pistons

king xpg bearings

b25 heads

gsc s2 cams

supertech +1mm valves, supertech springs/retainers

full race borgwarner 8375 91 a/r

custom 3" single exit exhaust

rotated sti intake manifold with custom piping

2150cc fic injectors top feeds, with tgv deletes

and a ton of extras

this thing should make 650+ on e85 at around 35 psi. track hp will be mid 400s to make it still fun to track until i feel comfortable upping the boost when i track it.

got some ast 5300s im also throwing on. :)

I have an outfront block. if you did not get it clearanced by a local machine shop I'd suggest it. mine seized in first 15 minutes due to clearance issues

Archived