LegacyGT.com

AutomaticSTI's Layer

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Story Time- I was cruising around this weekend with my buddy when this dude in an RX7 pulled up next to me and his passenger asked me if that was one of the new STI's...I said what do you consider an STI?....then followed up with this is only an automatic family sedan, as my turbo spooled up and I tore off.:lol:

moral of the story is..either people are dumb, or they mistake our cars for something alot smaller and uglier transformed into something luxary and sexy.

(the STI side decals proabably didnt help him either)

If drag racing is your thing id go with a cheaper set of coilovers. there arent enough strut option out there for you to go that route rather than do coilovers, unless you buy used bilstiens take-offs. if buying new equipment, buy somthing like a tien basic, or k-sport coilovers which can be gotten for under $1000. that way you have a perfecly matched spring and strut.

damn cuz I squat like mudda fukka............what would be my best option to elimnate the squat and still have a decent ride quality for a reasonable price

seriously in those pics you almost get the front end off the ground. awesome.

theres a guy selling jdm bilsteins with tein s tech for $6xx + shipping. nice deal.

there is also a couple other bilstein for sale post in the marketplace section

MAYHEM

#122/22 STS NNJR SCCA

AUTOX4U.COM

XENON RETRO GUIDE

Im LOVIN those launch pics... The squat on thats freakin awesome... I didnt even know the car did it that badly... lol. Needless to say, yea... no one here really knows what the car is, or what it does... And yea... the STI logo's on the wheels probably dont help out much with anyone who doesnt know subies... lol
If I pass you on the right, I'm flipping you off.

damn cuz I squat like mudda fukka............what would be my best option to elimnate the squat and still have a decent ride quality for a reasonable price

:lol: looks like you're goin to the moon... megan coilovers.... DOOOO EEEeETT!!!

Ordered my perrin catback pipes...i will post before and after pics when it arrives..i think I'll be the first to have the catback pipes with stock mufflers on the board...correct me if I'm wrong.

Also what could I do as far as new muffler tips go...i think having something to fill the gap will look better...any ideas

i have Tein S-techs and when i've launched, no problems with squatting. however, being in snow, it sucks because i'm too low to the ground. :( the H-techs might be a nice compromise. and my times in my auto LGT are about the same: 13.63 @ 98.5 mph - gutted stock pipes and a TDC retune. I've had my springs on the LGT since April and no issues. Hubby's car has had Tein S-techs for 2 years and still no issues with it either. I paid $170 shipped for mine (to AK so it's a lot more for shipping).
Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

Archived