LegacyGT.com

Rusted Tie Rod Bolts

Stewy612

Hey guys, just took the new(to me) spec B in for a an alignment as well as getting a few preparatory bushings and things installed before my coil overs go on, and the guy called me back and said that the cars front tie rods were completely rusted and there's no way they can get them off with out the hack saw...

It all sounds legitimate, and since my car did come from a snowy place i understand....

I just figured i'd get everyone here's recommendation before i did anything. He's saying that he's going to have to spend all day hack sawing them out and he's warning me its going to be like 3 hours or so a side.

Let me know what you guys think...and i guess ill also need advice on what to upgrade to since ill be destroying my stock ones...

-Brett

• Moderators

Any shop should have a power tool that would go through the tie rods in no time (grinder, cut off wheel, air saw, whatever).

The fact that they are seized certainly sounds possible. Three hours to remove them? No way.

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

Any shop should have a power tool that would go through the tie rods in no time (grinder, cut off wheel, air saw, whatever).

The fact that they are seized certainly sounds possible. Three hours to remove them? No way.

i know! thats the way that i feel. This is an area of suspension that i'm not very familiar with but i think im going to just have them roll the fenders and possibly just grind them off myself

Can anyone help me with what subaru's name for this part is? is it a tie rod?

-Brett

Archived