LegacyGT.com

Severe Shake.

Yet another very worrying problem has showen it's ugly head. This time I fear it's a big one.

Last night, as I was driving home everything was going fine then out of the blue the car began shaking violently. I immediately pulled over and got out to have a look. Something I noticed was that as soon as I took my foot off the gas the shaking stopped and when I put it back on it started again. I inspected the car because it felt like the wheel was loose and shaking around freely but it all seemed fine. I then attempted to move it to somewhere else because where I had parked wasn't the most ideal place and found that everything was fine.

I managed to get it home with the issue not popping up again but I'm still very worried. Anyone have a clue what it could have been? I really don't want to say this but with the luck I'm having I may look at cutting my losses and selling it, which is a shame because I love it sooo much!

Okay, so it turns out it is a very big problem. Again, I was driving home and I was in the middle lane of a motor way when I got the sever shake out of the blue again. So I indicate to pull into the left lane and attempt to pull over. While I'm doing this the shake stops, so I figure I'll try to wait to find a safter place to pull over. Unfortunatly, that means I have to go up a rather steep hill before there is another safe place and while I'm going up the hill the car gets itself out of gear (while in drive) and it's just revving with no power to the wheels. I managed to pull it over and I can hear (and feel) a very loud crunch as I'm putting it into park.

I looked under the hood, no smoke or bad smells but I notice the right front CV and boot has had it (replaced it 2 months earlier and looked fine the day earlier). From what I've witnessed, the transmission has had it (God knows why) and the CV needs to be replaced again.

Well I was going to say cv as I had that problem before, but definitely not to your extent. Did you replace just the boot or the whole axle? Maybe something is slightly bent and that's making your cv go to shit? Did you hit some roadkill?

Sorry I can't be of more help, maybe someone more knowledgeable can help.

I honestly have no idea what happened. I think I may have just been extremely unlucky to have both these issues show up a the exact same time.

Never mind, I've decided I'm selling it (Very sad because it has been very awesome) and I've just bought a Skyline R34 GT (Not quite so stoked about. Personally, I prefer the suby)

Archived