LegacyGT.com

I have the auto/:(/i am curious about what you'll mean when you say launch.dont mean to sound dumb but i would think of a stall converter,only because i used to have a auto/v-8. a couple of opinions would be appreciated alot. thanks!:stupid:

Because the car is a turbo that lag's before it reaches full spool (power) there is a delay in the cars ability to take off.

What members do to get a good launch is to spool up the trubo by holding the brakes and giving the car gas. This spools up the turbo. The brakes in the LGT will hold till about 3,000 rpms.

Give it a try...

Steven

Hi there wave....& welcome:)

I lived in Lynchburg for 4 years when I was a kid.

Steve pointed you in the right direction. My only suggestion is to get yourself a lightened pulley. It will allow you to "Powerbrake" the car up to 3500.....without the pulley you will only be able to rev to about 2500.

Also look into getting a Transmission cooler, they are inexpensive & well worth the $$. If I launch the car hard on the street I can get all 4 to smoke:eek:

Toyota 6EATS .........SUCK!!!!!!

You would accelerate faster if you launch off the catapult on an aircraft carrier. It can launch a 65,000 lb aircraft from 0-120 in 2 seconds, imagine what it can do with a 3300 lb car.

You would accelerate faster if you launch off the catapult on an aircraft carrier. It can launch a 65,000 lb aircraft from 0-120 in 2 seconds, imagine what it can do with a 3300 lb car.

Great idea for Mythbusters!!! :icon_twis

Myth: If the catapult don't tear the car in half, you'd fly out of the trunk or rear glass when the 4 bolts holding the seat or seat back brake from the G forces. :lol:

Archived