LegacyGT.com

ive been dreading asking this. simply because im sure someones gonna have something to say about it :lol:

i want to turbo my car. ive already worked out everything. engine, trans, turbo, exhaust, oil lines etc etc. the only thing left is tuning. i literally have no idea where to start. its going to be a EJ257 short block with the n/a heads on it so ill be using the stock ECU. ive read through the tuning section but it literally made my head hurt. i know people have tuned for around 10 psi, but im shooting for more around 20. mabybe even 30, since the short block will easily handle that.

so before i even start building this 257, can the ecu be tuned for this or do i need to go standalone?

find a reputable tuner in your area, ask them what you need to do, pay them, have them do it. before you blow up your car. the stock ecu should be able to do it, but if they recommend something else, you should heed their advice... or else find a different tuner that will tune based on what you have/want to have. you can't force your tuner to work with hardware they don't want or recommend you work with. you'll most likely also want a 3 port bcs though.

20-30 psi? on what turbo? i'm interesting in knowing the hardware you plan to run.

20-30 psi is a high target with the 257 bottom end and the N/A heads that may not be possible. Now if you have extensive head work built into your plans I apologize :lol:

Also youll need a stout longblock, intake, turbo and exhaust, fueling, tuning to handle 30psi or even 25 as a target boost

No faith lol. But anyway, Holset HE341, custom turbo manifold, FMIC, port and polish stock heads with a valve job, cam regrind and springs/retainers. Fuel will be some meaty injectors and a big fuel pump and adjustable fpr. Normal stuff. Alot of it I have just laying around lol. Short block is a 257 with forged internals, closed deck and o ringed.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk now Free

Archived