LegacyGT.com

i drive: sport vs sport#

i always drive around in sport mode. it seems to get better mileage than "i" and obviously s#. now when it comes to power, i feel like sport pulls harder than sport#. especially a good 2nd or 3rd gear pull. sport# just feels like there's slightly more throttle response, but nothing more. anyone else feel this way? if you haven't compared it, then do it.

I drive around in sport mode as well. "i" feels like a honda civic and s# is too much for city driving. I had better mpg in "i" but I think its only because I never punched it. S# is a lot of fun but I do not prefer driving around in that mode.

On a manual transmission, S# is just S with 2x throttle sensitivity, beyond that there's no difference. With an automatic, S# alters the shift mapping dramatically, basically turning it into video game mode (lowest gear held to red-line, immediate downshifts).

i mode actually reduces the maximum power in addition to less sensitive throttle.

As soon as the blue light turns off, I'm in S#. I get better mileage in S# than I (never compared with S) and it makes heal-toeing easier.
MODS: PW TMIC, Cobb catted DP, HKS cat-back, AVO filter, Bren e-tune; Konis/Epics, Advan RCII

On a manual transmission, S# is just S with 2x throttle sensitivity, beyond that there's no difference. With an automatic, S# alters the shift mapping dramatically, basically turning it into video game mode (lowest gear held to red-line, immediate downshifts).

i mode actually reduces the maximum power in addition to less sensitive throttle.

Ehhhh... explain how it differs between the AT & MT again?

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f215/spaceman838/4e603420.jpg

Tits mcgee

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f215/spaceman838/4e603420.jpg

I've never seen that graphic before. Interesting.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

As soon as the blue light turns off, I'm in S#. I get better mileage in S# than I (never compared with S) and it makes heal-toeing easier.

you heel-toe on public roads? interesting. i just simply rev match

that graph is also interesting. like i said, and i'm sticking by this: sport spools harder than s#. maybe it's just my car. it's much more consistent. s# always hesitates and starts to pull at over 5k. i'll drive home in s# today and see how it feels

you heel-toe on public roads? interesting. i just simply rev match

Yup. Not every time but fairly often. Sometimes you need to brake while you're rev matching. I'm not necessarily driving spiritedly when doing so.

MODS: PW TMIC, Cobb catted DP, HKS cat-back, AVO filter, Bren e-tune; Konis/Epics, Advan RCII

I have to do it with the sides of my foot, so it's not literally a heal-toe maneuver for me. My feet are too big to do it that way in this car. More of a side-to-side roll.

there's not enough space to the right of the gas pedal. it can really only be used when you brake hard.

anywho, i've been driving around in s# all day. low end torque is a bit more responsive, but in higher rpm's there is no difference. also, some of my random pulls are faster than others.

With an automatic, it also effects the TCU for shift-mapping. It will hold gears much longer, and downshift with very light throttle. I believe it engages an entire new set of TCU shifts parameters, so it may also effect shift speed, etc.

http://drive2.subaru.com/Summer07_whatmakes.htm

"Choosing a mode sends signals to the vehicle’s body control module. From there, wiring carries signals almost instantaneously to the engine’s and automatic transmission’s electronic control units. The SI-DRIVE settings change the control units’ programming (mapping)."

It feels like a totally different car to me! I was driving in I mode one day and was tired of the sluggish accel so I went to switch it to S and accidentally went to S#. I was about to switch to 2nd gear when decided to change the mode and the look on my face had to be priceless. It kind of put me in racer mode n I just took off like a bat outta hell. Since I wasnt expecting it, it pushed me back in the seat rather quickly.

no, s# supposedly spools sooner and has more responsive throttle. really, it's not any faster. i've been testing them for the past few days. you can hit peak boost at like 2500rpm in s# and 3000rpm in s. i start pulls at 3000-3500rpm

• 1 month later...
S# feels much quicker off the line to me. Once in boost S and S# feel the same but S# hits much harder and sooner with less throttle needed.

WWW.MODDICTION.COM

Moddiction Stainless steel and Titanium shift knobs.

Drivetrain, suspension, brakes, exhaust, cooling, fuel, gauges+MUCH more!

Archived