LegacyGT.com

The fun of debaging your car...

This morning i was weaving in and out of traffic and this red tacoma was keeping up with me, i get off at midwest and fly by some other stuff and end up next to him at the light in front of bennigans and hes like hey man.. what kinda subaru is that? oh yeah thats pretty damn fast.. I used to have a Brat back in the day, thats a pretty sweet ride you have.. take care bud...

Then on the way to pick up a slurpee i have this kid in a base GT mustang toying with me and two times in a row I downshift and smoke him... Next light hes making a left, kid in the passanger side hangs out.. Hey man what the hell is that thing? "A Subaru Legacy GT" Wow that thing is pretty badass...

I like having fun with my car. :)

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough. - Mario Andretti

I had a WTF experience with a Porsche Cayenne S yesterday. The 100 miles of interstate stretch btw. Denver and Vail is a great hwy. for surprising other vehicles. Forced induction RULES at these elevations; ya gotta see the look on a Cayenne drivers face! Priceless! Don’t get me wrong, these Porsche SUV’s can scoot even in the thin air of 9000’. However the view of a P-SUV chasing a Subaru OB wagon with two bicycles on top is what a sleeper car is mage of.

Cheers, Mike

|`94 E-Class Coupe |`98 Carrera 993 C2S |`14 Cayman S |`20 Outback Touring XT | All Debadged |

That's why I can't wait to get that L7 sticker on my badges. Then it will become even harder to sort out. :D

BTW, just what the HECK is the "L7" thing for? Is that Subrau's badge in Japan? An emblem for Fuji Heavy Industries? What's the deal?

Martin Luther - "Who loves not women, wine and song remains a fool his whole life long."

EL4NFZT7

I think it's supposed to look like an LT. It stands for Legacy Turbo most likely.

I don't think it's LT, 7 is for the 7 sister companies that are made up of FUji or Subaru or something. There are 6 stars on the Subbie badge currently but I think they missed one? Someone enlighten us.

L7: Legacy, and the 7 refers to the Pleides, a constellation (aka the seven sisters). Paraphrasing and loosely, when the 5 or 6 companies came together to form Fuji Heavy Industries, they adopted the Pleides as their comoany logo, and I believe the word subaru itself is the Japanese word for the Pleides cluster.

The actual Subaru emblem is a representation of this constellation.

who cares? It looks cool and people have a harder time figuring it out, though the wagon can't be mistaken for anything other than a Scooby.

I don't REALLY care what it stands for, it's just one of those things that gets my curiosity up and makes me WANT to know. You're right; it does look cool, I just have a hard time not "needing" to know what some emblem stands for. Like knowing what the "candle" emblem on early 90's Mazdas stood for (I know now).

Martin Luther - "Who loves not women, wine and song remains a fool his whole life long."

EL4NFZT7

my legecy doesn't have any cool badges or anything it is so basic it just has the legecy L thing and it says subaru under the red plastic between the brake lights i want to "re-badge" it with the 2.5 you guys have all "de-badged" from your car. it would make the back of mine look alot better i think i will try to take a picture so you all can see what i mean

my legecy doesn't have any cool badges or anything it is so basic it just has the legecy L thing and it says subaru under the red plastic between the brake lights i want to "re-badge" it with the 2.5 you guys have all "de-badged" from your car. it would make the back of mine look alot better i think i will try to take a picture so you all can see what i mean

If you want my letters let me know ;)

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough. - Mario Andretti

I only have the Subaru logo on the back and I sometimes have passengers ask a few times what kind of car it is.

"This is a Subaru?!?" I've gotten that from several passengers that own more traditional "prestige" brands. I always smile and say, "Yup." :D

I had a WTF experience with a Porsche Cayenne S yesterday. The 100 miles of interstate stretch btw. Denver and Vail is a great hwy. for surprising other vehicles. Forced induction RULES at these elevations; ya gotta see the look on a Cayenne drivers face! Priceless! Don’t get me wrong, these Porsche SUV’s can scoot even in the thin air of 9000’. However the view of a P-SUV chasing a Subaru OB wagon with two bicycles on top is what a sleeper car is mage of.

LMAO!:lol: That is seriously a great ride to take as long as traffic isn't too bad. Wish I could have seen that go down...The fact that you had 2 bicycles on top is hysterical!!

I haven't really taken my subie up there yet, but I used to give a lot of people who were driving normally aspirated "high performace" cars fits in my Passat 1.8 Turbo.

Whoooooosh bye bye! LOL

I haven't debadged the car yet, but I plan too. Hmmm maybe tomorrow...:cool:

Yesterday...after we all left from Meier's and got away cleanly from the chick in the Cop car setting up the radar trap...and I got on the highway (294 south)...

I drive my ass calmly and collected until very close to the toll booth when a silver Lexus GS xx0 gets on my ass so fucking close that i tap my breaks a few times to warnb him to back off...I slow down to 30mph...he quickly cuts into another automatic toll lane...and while we are driving that specially marked zone...i catch sight of him making an impolite hand gesture about me...while explaining something to his girlfriend and pointing at my car (we were by now driving in parallel in the toll lane) A hand gesture which totally disconsidered my car as anything worth looking at...

On blue light at the end of the toll lane...he floors it...I floor it (2nd gear at 30 mpg). Well...I stop at 85 he's about 4 car length behind me...I honk wave goodbye and leave the asshole explaining to his lady what happened. He keeps the distance for a while and then floors it...of course I floor it and get in his lane now...I see him hitting the steering wheel with his hand furiously !

He didn't try anything after that and we caught up with traffic and that was the end of it...I think it must have been a Lexus GS 430 cause a GS300 has the regular Camry 3.0L V6 engine and those are considerably slower !

Yesterday...after we all left from Meier's and got away cleanly from the chick in the Cop car setting up the radar trap...and I got on the highway (294 south)...

I drive my ass calmly and collected until very close to the toll booth when a silver Lexus GS xx0 gets on my ass so fucking close that i tap my breaks a few times to warnb him to back off...I slow down to 30mph...he quickly cuts into another automatic toll lane...and while we are driving that specially marked zone...i catch sight of him making an impolite hand gesture about me...while explaining something to his girlfriend and pointing at my car (we were by now driving in parallel in the toll lane) A hand gesture which totally disconsidered my car as anything worth looking at...

On blue light at the end of the toll lane...he floors it...I floor it (2nd gear at 30 mpg). Well...I stop at 85 he's about 4 car length behind me...I honk wave goodbye and leave the asshole explaining to his lady what happened. He keeps the distance for a while and then floors it...of course I floor it and get in his lane now...I see him hitting the steering wheel with his hand furiously !

He didn't try anything after that and we caught up with traffic and that was the end of it...I think it must have been a Lexus GS 430 cause a GS300 has the regular Camry 3.0L V6 engine and those are considerably slower !

Next time just downshift :) no warning for the jackass :) :) :)

Then you can get your bumper painted again!

I think it must have been a Lexus GS 430 cause a GS300 has the regular Camry 3.0L V6 engine and those are considerably slower !

Actually the GS300 has the inline 6 2jz-ge from the NA supras.;) They're only rated around 220hp or so.

That's a damn good sugar cookie.

Specs for reference

2005 GS300 220hp 220tq 3.0l I6

2006 GS300 245hp 230tq 3.0l V6

2005 GS430 300hp 325tq 4.3 V6

2006 GS430 300hp 325tq 4.3 V6

So if it was a 430 it doesnt matter if it was an 05/06 but the 06 gs300 got a 25hp boost and went from a i6 to a v6

Archived