LegacyGT.com

Sight Unseen - An Adventure in Progress

ray916mn

Just like a bunch of other folks, I've been looking for a manual transmission Legacy GT Limited wagon or Outback XT Limited for a while. After weeks and weeks of looking nationally at all the usual places online, I decided to take a flyer and start looking at Craigslist nationally. Using crazedlist.org, I did a search at least twice a day on every city in country except those in HI and AA. Lo and behold eventually a manual transmission Outback XT Limited showed up in TN with a clean CarFax, priced thousands under my local market.

Had the car inspected by the local Subaru dealer, got the seller to address some minor stuff, found a very reasonably priced transporter ($500) through an aggressive broker, and wired the funds. The car loaded on the transporter about 30 minutes ago. The seller was a pleasure to deal with.

Should know by Monday or Tuesday whether the gambled paid off, as that's when the car is supposed to be delivered to my home.

Wish me luck!

Ray

Good Luck!

I've bought a few cars this way, had them checked out by local mechanics and everything always come out great. There were a few scratches/dents/stains that were never mentioned and didn't come across in the pictures very well...

But all in all, if you know what you want you're not really taking a bigger gamble than buying any other used car. You really don't know how it was driven and maintained before you bought it.

NEVER ARGUE WITH A STUPID PERSON.

THEY WILL DRAG YOU DOWN TO THEIR LEVEL, THEN BEAT YOU WITH EXPERIENCE.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I bought my 05 LGT/Limited Wagon sight unseen from NJ over a year ago. The market in Colorado for Subaru's is out of control and I saved ~$5000 by going way - way out of state. You'll be fine - and happy once you get it.

Thanks for the words of encouragement. Seller accurately described the car. Needs a good clay and polish....

Here it is fresh off the transporter.

http://i583.photobucket.com/albums/ss273/ray916mn/Outback%20XT/P1010126.jpg

Appointment is set for Tuesday next week for Stage 2 install and tune, but thinking pretty hard about going to Stage 3 instead.

Ray

shes a beaut. Congrats.

Mabye try stage II first....should be fun for a while. then if you want bring her stage III. Youll already have the DP & UP. You can then buy other necessary parts (turbo, intercooler, injectors, etc). all your really paying for is a second tune AFAIK. It might be worth going this route, as Stage II reallly opens up these subie turbos as alot of torque is added by easier breathing and quicker turbo spools.

Ive heard of other members losing some of that torque and low end power, but is more than made up for in the mid to high end range. I guess it all depends on the specifics of each individual swap. GL & Enjoy!!

Yea I was in the same boat man. Looking for a nice 05 LGT wagon in manual. Let me tell you they don't exsist and if they do they run like shit and or sold before I can even try to act on them. I decided to call it quits and face the facts. So I settled for an 05 LGT wagon 5spd auto. It's no manual but if you can't find what you are looking for allways go for the second best. I couldn't be happier. Can't wait to take her off the lot tomorrow.

Looks good and congrats!

You might want to think about getting some Megans to lower her a bit though..

Thanks!

Just going to stock LGT struts, shocks and springs. I want this thing to look stock sounding and riding as possible and focusing money on power.

I bought my Legacy sight unseen, but I flew to pick it up. There turned out to be a couple issues. Cigarette hole in the headliner and a bent muffler tip from a rear end collision that had been repaired but wasn't reported on the carfax. Overall I've been happy. I got it with low miles for thousands under local market.

I bought my Legacy sight unseen, but I flew to pick it up. There turned out to be a couple issues. Cigarette hole in the headliner and a bent muffler tip from a rear end collision that had been repaired but wasn't reported on the carfax. Overall I've been happy. I got it with low miles for thousands under local market.

Yeah MN seems to be a premium Subaru market. It makes sense given the weather, but I'm still always surprised at how much people will pay for used Subarus around here.

Ray

Archived