LegacyGT.com

Official Crystal Black Silica Thread (2010)

Tide

The by pass valve in our cars, and someone correct me if I have this wrong, runs directly from the turbo outlet to the intake a few inches from the turbo.

Yes, the BPV is just above the turbo on the charge pipe. A 3" down pipe, or j-pipe, will deliver turbo spool effects and BPV recirc (tune reauired). Some have replaced the OEM charge pipe with an Rx Engineering one with actedmarket BPV (got one in basement ).

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm may look into that later, like later later, parents don't want me physically modifying my car/replacing/installing parts. I think software is the best I'm gonna get...

Even just a stage 1 map is a nice improvement. Still requires buying the accessport though which isn't cheap. But worth it.

Yes, the BPV is just above the turbo on the charge pipe. A 3" down pipe, or j-pipe, will deliver turbo spool effects and BPV recirc (tune reauired). Some have replaced the OEM charge pipe with an Rx Engineering one with actedmarket BPV (got one in basement ).

If it's collecting to much dust, I could be interested in dusting it off and putting it to use.

Ah so that would mean more torque at a lower rpm than the WRXs? My dad wants me to ruin my car with a tow bar and tow boats around for him

Yup, stage I 5th gen is stage II wrx. Stage II adds more low end torque. Example:

http://legacygt.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=547&pictureid=3586

I'm not sure about your ecu, but the whole point of the accessport is it re maps the ecu. And it capable of far more the just a boost gage. Mine is set up to monitor boost, air/fuel and rpm right now. There are a bunch of things you can monitor and you can data log as well. For me it's been one of my best "investments" so far. I didn't actually buy it though, the gf got it for me for Christmas :D she enables me and I love her for it. Was planning out my stage 2 but I got laid off so that's on the back burner for now.

• 1 month later...
I need some advice. I have a 2012 legacy. put on some H & R springs. A lot of snapping coming from the from springs. also wondering if anyone is having issues with tires. have 18 inch raijins on it. there is no oem adjustment for camber in the rear. has anyone else had issues with tire wear after doing this?

• 3 weeks later...