LegacyGT.com

lets say i want the top end equal to the bottom end of the stage 1 tq

what would get me there?

by a 25% loss i figure at 16 psi we are running close to 320ftlb crank tq. so theoretically 320+crank hp to the 6500 redline would even out the pull.

1st gear pulls hard then its obvious we have more bottom than top as we shift into second while going all out.

would a simple d/p and tmic do it? maybe a protune for good measure?

numbers seem high

the legacy was under rated to begin with.

no one has done an actual dyno pull to check the real loss of percentage.

25% may be a bit high but 20% is prolly too low.

check the dynos. i did a reverse calc with 25% and came up with over 320flt lb but i rounded down...on a stage 1.

if one did a 20% calc subaru would have been sued for giving us less than 250hp/tq...that would be stock figures.

An SAE net measuement of 320 ft/lbs for stage 1 is too high. I would estimate 280-285 maximum. Stage 2 helps but unfortunately you won't truly open up the top end unless you buy a turbo

a 3rd party map...rallitek, tdc, pdx...etc etc...not cobb. their stuff runs ~16psi stage 1 vs cobb ~14.5 or so give or take.

is it not possible to hit 240-250wtq on a 16psi tune? im not sure if my lack up u/p will have any bearing.

fwiw...my 85-100 is > than the 280hp acura tl

a 3rd party map...rallitek, tdc, pdx...etc etc...not cobb. their stuff runs ~16psi stage 1 vs cobb ~14.5 or so give or take.

is it not possible to hit 240-250wtq on a 16psi tune? im not sure if my lack up u/p will have any bearing.

My cobb 1.18 map and my TA stage 1 map, both hit around the same psi (16)

I am running stage 2 and believe I'm barely making over 300 crank. There is no way a stage 1 tune can make those kind of numbers, and plus WHP is the ONLY number that matters. A lot of us have been on the dyno. I've seen proof that stock hp is a hair over or under 200 and that stage 2 is lucky to make 235.

I am running stage 2 and believe I'm barely making over 300 crank. There is no way a stage 1 tune can make those kind of numbers, and plus WHP is the ONLY number that matters. A lot of us have been on the dyno. I've seen proof that stock hp is a hair over or under 200 and that stage 2 is lucky to make 235.

i am speaking of torque.

the reflashed legacy always has more tq than hp. what i was asking was keeping stage 1 tq and extending the top end to be equal.

we have all seen proof that 07's were/are hitting 220/220 stock. its on this forum. but that point isnt what i was aiming for. it was making the exact same hp at the top as stage 1 tq is at the bottom. so if that means getting a d/p, tmic, and headers...so be it. if all one needs is a d/p so be it.

see what i am getting at?

a reverse calc using 25% loss puts 235 at 313chp.

:whore:

lets say i want the top end equal to the bottom end of the stage 1 tq

what would get me there?

by a 25% loss i figure at 16 psi we are running close to 320ftlb crank tq. so theoretically 320+crank hp to the 6500 redline would even out the pull.

1st gear pulls hard then its obvious we have more bottom than top as we shift into second while going all out.

would a simple d/p and tmic do it? maybe a protune for good measure?

No, Stock turbo can't hold boost in the topend. Even with my stage2 tbe and FMIC I hit 18.5psi @2800rpms and 270whp but I was only holding barely 12 psi at redline. Our stock turbos are just too small for topend. My powerband would drop off after about 5500rpms.

Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

Im stg 2 dynotuned and my peaks are around 275whp and 335wtq ~3000rpms I think.

I dont think there is much more the tuner could have done to get me more power on the top end. I know i need a new turbo to get anything more out of the LGT.

335? :eek:

What kind of dyno?

It was a dynojet.

My stock 08' dynoed in at 220whp/250wtq on another local dynojet. But i dont have any comparison runs on the same dynojet.

Im stg 2 dynotuned and my peaks are around 275whp and 335wtq ~3000rpms I think.

I dont think there is much more the tuner could have done to get me more power on the top end. I know i need a new turbo to get anything more out of the LGT.

you have a graph by chance?

i am talking about 245-250whp. 275 is much more than anticipated.

FWIW, I am at sea level and running 321 tq/ 262 WHP on a stage 2 tune. Catless UP/DP and TMIC...holding 18.5 lbs. of boost.

I was tuned on a dynopak with no correction.

Rehab is for quitters.

good. thanks.

judging by your graph i COULD get 250whp right at the 6500 mark.

my power ? has been answered.

what are your stage 2 parts?

AVO Intake

XO2 Catless DP

Megan Racing Dual Tip exhaust

Cobb AP + Dynotune on 93 oct.

Archived