LegacyGT.com

Permit service distance exceeded

I just picked up my 2007 Spec B Monday night, and I'm stoked to be back in a Subaru again! Last night when I got home the nav screen showed up with "Warning! Permit service distance exceed" and I could choose ok or later. I called a dealer and they didn't know. Google turned up 2 people asking what it was but no answers. Any clues? I assumed it was ascheduled maintenance milestone as I am at 49800 miles. But I want to be sure. Thanks!

Read the owners manual. Yea, I'm that will be a help...

This is the first I've heard about this.

I would just hit ok and not worry about it. The NAV system is junk anyway's in IMO.

I use my Tom Tom, much better system and it's portable.

I think the next service is at 60,000 miles.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Yeah, sitting in a grocery store parking lot reading the manual for an hour and not seeing a thing about it didn't make me excited, nor did calling a bunch of dealers until I could find one with a open service dept and then hearing them give the verbal equivalent of *shrug*

If the car runs well and you want a NAV system, buy a Tom Tom or whatever.

The upgrade map CD's cost more then the good Tom Tom which comes with free lifetime updates. My Tom Tom gets updated 4 times a year. FOR FREE.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

That's just a reminder system on the NAV. Hit the "Info" button and one of the touch buttons on the top row has a couple tools. This is where you set maintenance intervals for tire rotations, fluid service, timing belt and battery IIRC. All you are seeing is that one has come due or expired based on data someone entered. I use this system to remind me on mileage for rotations and oil change services.

Archived