LegacyGT.com

Sold my LGT, thank goodness!

Yup, so I'm outta here. Thanks a lot for the laughs eveyone.

That driver's seat will no longer kill me on my 100 mile daily drive.

What will I miss? That killer turbo and the thumb shifters. A winter in a Subaru. The great stereo and cruising at 90mph whisper quiet.

What won't I miss? Those RE92s! No telescoping steering wheel. The way my butt got dug into by the seam on the right side of the seat and made my leg go numb.

Never got to use the seat heaters or the windshield wiper defroster heater.

I'm getting 2006 BMW 325xi, also with Auto tranny and adaptive headlights for October 31st.

I used leasebusters.com here in Canada to assign the lease. The chap who took the car isn't as tall as me and loves the car.

Ciao!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, like everyone says good luck on the new wheels.

Just a question though. Did you not want to try to have an upholstery shop modify the seat for you? Would have been a cheaper alternative most likely. I have heard of at least one other member on this board doing this and was pleased with the results.

Have you done a 100 mile test drive in the 2006 325xi?

Excellent question! Combined yes, in one shot, no. I had a 2004 325i for a year that was very comfortable. The new one has even more space and mostly, more headroom. My LGT had the sunroof, and my head always bumped on it in my favorite position.

Good luck with that, really. I had an '05 330cxi that was a nightmare. Was always broke, was underpowered, was a garage queen. Was squirrley in the snow. It was comfortable on long trips but not significantly more so than the LGT. If it ever broke out of warranty, it would have been a whores fortune to fix. I said the exact same thing you did when I got rid of it.

At 5'4" I'll never have that problem :lol: :lol:

Goodluck with your new car. Question: Why BMW and not say a Acura RL, Infiniti M35x, Audi A6, etc etc

Hey Mike,

That is the truth. If I hadn't been so wowed during my test drives maybe this wouldn't have happened. As it is I had a great, albeit expensive, 12000km test drive.

And a whole lot of fun on this board! Maybe I'll hang around anyway, just to take abuse and complain about the service costs out of warranty on the Bimmer!!!!!:D

I like the styling of the Bimmer better than the other guys from Japan, and I hear the Audis are service queens.

Also I have an X5 already and really like the smooth engine and handling of BMW. Plus, it's easier to service two cars at the same dealership, which I might add, is excellent.

Yeah, like everyone says good luck on the new wheels.

Just a question though. Did you not want to try to have an upholstery shop modify the seat for you? Would have been a cheaper alternative most likely. I have heard of at least one other member on this board doing this and was pleased with the results.

I think you're right, a good upholsterer could probably have fixed the problem under my butt.

However, it's doubtful he could have lowered the back of the seat to where I could seat upright and not have my head brushing against the roof and whacking it when I hit a bump. Don't you think? Had I changed the seat outright, I would have had a whack of issues surrounding airbags and heated seats, etc...

For me it was easier to scurry back to Germany with my sad little tail between my scrawny hairy legs.

sucks to be you .. sorry but the 06 3 series is fugly.

Always one clown who has to get personal, eh? Well you know what my wife and my best friend said when I showed up with my 2005 Regal Blue Legacy GT Limited that I thought and still think look great??

"Fugly."

Each to his own RuskiBear.

Good luck, buddy. Just remember to make sure you allow a lot more time to make passes and to get up to speed when you pull out into traffic. The 325xi is a very nice car.

You're absolutely right. When you're doing 50 and you need to change lines in a tight spot, crank that turbo up to 3500, one little thumb downshift, and KAPOW, you're in the next lane!

If you all don't mind I'll report back in winter with a review of xDrive. The Subaru AWD I never got to try in a serious winter storm, however in hard and heavy rain (Katrina's spittle a few weeks ago), the Subie was ROCK SOLID on the highway (damn those two wheeled cars!!).

Archived