LegacyGT.com

DRL Disable, in 10 minutes

I have a problem disabling DRL on 2006 Legacy 2.5 NA Automatic, when i unpluging white connector from DRL unit i have highbeam and corner lights working, but have no lowbeam. Tried to cut BROWN wire, in this configuration no lights are working at all... Read all similar threads on this forums and found nothing that could help me. Maybe someone had this problem?

Noone had such problem? :confused:

• 1 month later...

i am in a garage so i don't need them. all previous cars i have owned didnt have these so i really dont see the point in them. that is just me.

one thing I did just find out last night on an 08 is that your high beam cluster indicator does not come on when your high beams are on. i could have SWORN it did before. It isn't there now. I was driving around w/ my high beans on like a moron.

• 5 weeks later...
i am in a garage so i don't need them. all previous cars i have owned didnt have these so i really dont see the point in them. that is just me.

one thing I did just find out last night on an 08 is that your high beam cluster indicator does not come on when your high beams are on. i could have SWORN it did before. It isn't there now. I was driving around w/ my high beans on like a moron.

Thats weird. My 05 has a light for the highs. So did my 07. I never saw a car that didnt have a warning for the high beams. Maybe there is a light out. Ask the dealer. Because if you flash somone without the warning you have to count to get it back to normal, otherwise you wont know and you will look like an ass.

I cant count when I flash because I am usually pissed when I do it :).

Who needs tickets to the gun show?:eek:

Thats weird. My 05 has a light for the highs. So did my 07. I never saw a car that didnt have a warning for the high beams. Maybe there is a light out. Ask the dealer. Because if you flash somone without the warning you have to count to get it back to normal, otherwise you wont know and you will look like an ass.

I cant count when I flash because I am usually pissed when I do it :).

There is a high beam indicator on the '08 cars. However, it gets disabled if the white connector is unplugged to disable the DRL's. See here: http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75320.

T I WANT to be responsible for operating the lights so I have to make a conscious decision about whether or not to use them based on light/traffic/weather conditions. As the car takes over more and more responsibility for the its own operation it requires less effort, and therefore less competence, from the driver. Where's the fun in that?

Could not have said it better myself... well.. that and...

"I hate me some DRLS... " LOL

Hello all, this was helpful, but do you know if it's the same for an 07 outback wagon, ll bean with the H6 engine?

i really would like to purchase and install HID lights but need to disable DRL first.

also, once you do it can you go back?

thanks everyone

Hello all, this was helpful, but do you know if it's the same for an 07 outback wagon, ll bean with the H6 engine?

i really would like to purchase and install HID lights but need to disable DRL first.

also, once you do it can you go back?

thanks everyone

The method for disabling DRL's on an '07 car is different than the method in this thread. You have to disconnect the blue wire with the black stripe that is on the white connector, but leave the connector with the rest of the wires plugged in. Otherwise, your high beams and fog lights won't work. See this thread (especially post #67): http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42292.

Another reason to disable DRLs: my private road is one lane and not lighted at all. Now and then you come to a situation where someone in the road must back up to get up a driveway and out of your way. In this case you want your marker lights on, your beams off (so the driver who's backing up can see behind him) and your e-brake off. You cannot get there on the '05 with the DRLs enabled.

Thanks for this hack.

ok i just did this on my car.. 2006 legacy 2.5i.. it worked fine but i plugged it back in just for the hell of it after i unplugged it but the drl's didnt come back on.. :iam:

about the wiper heaters.. mine still work fine with it unplugged. i saw a box in my car and it read DRL module or something like that. there was the white plug and the black plug and i unplugged the white one like it said. all of my other lights work fine and my high beam indicator still works too for some reason. i had a hell of a time getting the panel back on though. i could only get that middle piece back in the one that was the hardest to get out. i cant get the other 2 screws back in but its holding itself up fine anyway. oh well i won't complain :)

I just wanted to thank you for your post, it was really helpful and really easy. I put my new HID kit in and I was afraid that after all the work done to do it, the lights would just keep looking like a strobe light. Thanks again, picks were also right on key

thanks for the info here you guys....I crawled under my brand new 08 Outback and disabled the daytime running lights...sooo simple!!....everything works perfect except my high beam indicator on the dash....somewhere I read that by cutting a certain wire in that white connector...and reconnecting the white connector.....I would still have NO drl's and my high beam indicator would work....I can't find where I read this...so I don't know which wire to cut!!...any help would be appreciated....thanks!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Thank you so much, did this when I put my dash back together from radio install. I have started driving at night w/drl only on more then once since buying the car. Maybe if the dash lights didn't come on when the car is started I would notice immediatly. Whatever the case, THANK YOU.