LegacyGT.com

Girlfriend won't let me get a wagon :(

SCHM1AN

It's a slow day at work, so here's my boring story: we're at the grocery store last night and as we're walking in, a Volvo V70R drives past and I say to her something to the tune of "wow, that's a nice car." She replies with "ewww you like station wagons? They're ugly (She drives an 02 Impreza Outback) and such.... dad cars." We bickered back and forth until I finally said "ok, what car CAN I drive?" She said a sedan, a pickup, or an SUV (yuck). At least she didn't say a minivan.

Well, there goes my dream of owning a sweet, sweet wagon. Hopefully the GR STIs aren't too wagoney for her. I know that when we're married (dated for 4-1/2 years and getting engaged this summer!) I'll just buy what I want anyway, but I felt like complaining to the internetz

Thoughts, comments, concerns? Post below.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For real, pics of you and girlfriend?

She has to be the hottest ass you've ever pulled if you even want to contemplate staying with her after those comments. She is obviously concerned about self image and is the kind that would never compromise to have a practical car like a minivan when you have a bunch of of schm1anlians running around.

Ironic how she drives a wagon. So she wants you to drive an SUV which is a wagon with worse handling, fuel economy, braking, acceleration, etc... Smart.

Get a new girlfriend. Problem solved.

My wife ONLY wants wagons or hatchbacks. Also we are childless and plan to stay that way.

Why would you ask her permission for the car you can drive? That isn't her decision. She isn't driving it every day.
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

Since this is not in General Funny, so much wrong with this post I'll have to break it down:lol:

It's a slow day at work...but I felt like complaining to the internetz

Facebook or face LegacyGT.com sarcasm.

we're at the grocery store last night

It will help reduce her expectations if you send her to the grocery store.;)

We bickered back and forth until I finally said "ok, what car CAN I drive?"

:nono:Questions like that only hurt YOU and further increase her expectations. Don't bicker, just tell your confused old lady that she is WRONG.

I know that when we're married (dated for 4-1/2 years and getting engaged this summer!) I'll just buy what I want anyway,

You know what thinking you are going to just buy what you want anyway is going to buy you? ALIMONY PAYMENTS.

I suggest you meditate on the fact that marriage is a business contract first and everything else second.

Why you should have a wagon:

http://www.bedug.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=2868&g2_serialNumber=2

I know. This is why I want a wagon, and why I WILL have a wagon. I'm pretty sure that getting a wagon won't be grounds for a divorce. She just won't want to drive it, which is a good scenario. Even better, a MT wagon is something that she can't drive, which is the ideal scenario

Holy shitskies. I walk away for an hour and my internet manhood has been revoked.

You're surprised? You asked your gf "what car can I drive?" like you're 15 and begging your parents, then told a car forum that's what went down :lol:

Does your gf buy your cars for you? If not why does she get to pick? How do you think it's gonna go if you "ewww" her choice for a car, then try to tell her what she can drive?

You're surprised? You asked your gf "what car can I drive?" like you're 15 and begging your parents, then told a car forum that's what went down :lol:

Does your gf buy your cars for you? If not why does she get to pick? How do you think it's gonna go if you "ewww" her choice for a car, then try to tell her what she can drive?

Point noted. I knew what I was getting into. I'm really not too surprised at the responses, just the quantity of responses that I got within the hour

LosAngelesLGT, do you not have a racecar because the girlfriend said no, or because you are spending all your money on the girlfriend?

I'm not trying to invoke anything, just curious

For real, pics of you and girlfriend?

She has to be the hottest ass you've ever pulled if you even want to contemplate staying with her after those comments. She is obviously concerned about self image and is the kind that would never compromise to have a practical car like a minivan when you have a bunch of of schm1anlians running around.

If you read through this you'll find that she's really not the self-image type. She's pretty down to earth, but I guess she just doesn't like wagons.

Easy solution to this...buy the wagon before you get married...then she has the choice to either love you and your wagon too....or move along...in which case, you probably didn't need her anyway...and you'll still have the wagon.

But that's just my opinion... :rolleyes:

Easy solution to this...buy the wagon before you get married...then she has the choice to either love you and your wagon too....or move along...in which case, you probably didn't need her anyway...and you'll still have the wagon.

But that's just my opinion... :rolleyes:

This was my secret plan until I realized that I have everything I want except a house and an endless supply of beer... and a wagon.

Archived