LegacyGT.com

Price check -- '05 LGT wagon 5-speed

alostsok

Hey all,

About to pull the trigger on an '05 LGT 5-speed wagon. Only thing I hate is the color -- it's red. But it seems to be a good deal:

36.5K on the odo., one-owner, seemingly stock -- $14,700 (dealership sale)

I wish it was anything other than red, but I keep telling myself it's "dark" red :) and it seems to be at least $1,500 cheaper than any other comparable manual GT wagon I've seen...

(Once owned an '05 white LGT -- it was pretty)

What do you think?

Garnet (not Granite! duh) Red Pearl (GRP) is not a bad looking color. It is a little brighter than the traditional 'old-man maroon'. It looks pretty decent in sunlight when the car is clean and the brighter shade can come through.

My OB XT is GRP. Admittedly, if I did not have a silver NSX and a black M5 sitting in the garage, I would have passed on a red wagon. With three cars, I like the variety it brings. Red is not my color of choice, although I would not go so far as to say I hate it.

Ultimately, it is up to you. This is a matter of personal choice. Only you can decide if the savings are worth having a car with a color that you hate.

Yeah, I don't think the red is an "ugly" red. I don't mind it, I just never imagined driving a red car.

Maybe it's like having a mustache -- it seems terribly awkward to have one until you actually do, and then you like having one :)

Thanks for the price comparison, by the way.

I just bought a red 2005 Legacy GT wagon with a 5-speed. Red was my last choice for a color, but it looks a lot better in person than I thought it would. In fact, it's actually kind of growing on me. I paid about $5k for mine. Though it had 155k miles and wasn't running...

I just bought a red 2005 Legacy GT wagon with a 5-speed. Red was my last choice for a color, but it looks a lot better in person than I thought it would. In fact, it's actually kind of growing on me. I paid about $5k for mine. Though it had 155k miles and wasn't running...

155k miles on a 05LGT??? That must be the record....

:lol::lol::lol:

Too bad to hear it was not running, Subie not that reliable uh?

Good thing mine still has 24k miles...

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

wow, thought my 117k was high but damn!
258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

Hey all,

About to pull the trigger on an '05 LGT 5-speed wagon.

Run to the place, sign the papers and drive it away asap. 05 LGT 5MT wagons are rare species. Color is not important. :)

esp the mileage and price are low. Don't think too long - someone else will take it.

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

Run to the place, sign the papers and drive it away asap. 05 LGT 5MT wagons are rare species. Color is not important. :)

esp the mileage and price are low. Don't think too long - someone else will take it.

perfectly said! if i could find one i would trade mine in, in 3...2....

a GRP wagon is my dream ride.....do it for me!!! :)

155k miles on a 05LGT??? That must be the record....

:lol::lol::lol:

Too bad to hear it was not running, Subie not that reliable uh?

wow, thought my 117k was high but damn!

I think the previous owner didn't check the oil level and it died from oil starvation. I had a new short block put in and it now drives beautifully, you wouldn't even know it had so many miles. I don't want to hijack this thread, so I'll make an introduction thread after I've pulled the pictures off my camera.

Archived