LegacyGT.com

Aftermarket fog light install question 09 legacy

Hello All, recently I purchased a set of projector fog lamps for my 09 legacy. I cut out a small hole where the OEM fog lights are usually mounted. I would prefer to wire these lights to my tail lamps, or corner lamps over mounting a new switch in the cabin. Could I wire it in a way that when the the switch on top of the steering council in turned on so do they? The lamps simply have the red and black wires coming out of them, nothing else.

A. Can this be done?

B. What way makes the most sense?

C. Do the tail lamps work independently of the brake lights? Is there a fuse I could patch the red wire from the fogs to?

Thank you for your help, I will post pics once its done.

Bump.....

Hello All, recently I purchased a set of projector fog lamps for my 09 legacy. I cut out a small hole where the OEM fog lights are usually mounted. I would prefer to wire these lights to my tail lamps, or corner lamps over mounting a new switch in the cabin. Could I wire it in a way that when the the switch on top of the steering council in turned on so do they? The lamps simply have the red and black wires coming out of them, nothing else.

A. Can this be done?

B. What way makes the most sense?

C. Do the tail lamps work independently of the brake lights? Is there a fuse I could patch the red wire from the fogs to?

Thank you for your help, I will post pics once its done.

This is a little outside my comfort zone, but the link below is the way that I would try to wire it. The only thing I would change is instead of running a wire from #85 on the relay to a switch, I would run a wire from #85 on the relay and use a vampire tap on the other end to the parking lights positive wire.

http://www.classictruckshop.com/clubs/earlyburbs/projects/bosch/foglites.htm

Archived