LegacyGT.com

Legacy STI GENOME Axle Back??

Found an axle back system in my area. Its an STI Genome exhaust from a GT 2.0 WR LIMITED STI. Anybody have any experience with these? From some youtube videos they sound pretty nice. I could pick them up for 400$

1247204755__27(1).JPG.129b01741f2ebf6176b08605db2ff251.JPG

1387888823__27(2).JPG.18b7580f857ac49699ae0024176dff2f.JPG

210495291__27.JPG.e5222d7155bc7df284a74fe008eb44dd.JPG

Imho there are a hell of a lot of other systems out there that sound way better.

Also they are different lengths for sedans/wagons, not sure if they ever made them to fit the extended length of US bumpers though.

2000 Legacy B4 RSK - SOLD

2006 Legacy BP5 GT Spec B wagon - Garage Thread

2011 VW T5 van 2.0L of turbo diesel awesomeness

I have these. Those are for the wagon.

EDIT: Yes they are made for JDM bumpers. If you have a sedan then the Wagon cans will be flush with the bumper. They are a little bit tucked on my wagon.

Imho there are a hell of a lot of other systems out there that sound way better.

They sound very different on USDM cars versus the rest of the world. Unequal length headers make a big difference. I don't care for their sound at all with equal length headers.

I had these on my LGT, and you've probably seen my video on youtube. They were without question my favorite sound, but you have to be okay with the grapefruit launcher look. As mentioned earlier, if you have a USDM sedan, you want JDM Wagon cans for what I think is the perfect fitment.

$400 is a pretty good price for used Genomes, but it's still $400 for mufflers.:lol: Unless you really love the sound, or it has to be JDM, yo.....you might prefer something else. I sold mine for $450 back in the day and felt like I was giving someone a deal. I've seen them go as high as $700 on ebay a few years back.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NE-7mrRYp9g]Subaru Legacy GT STi Genome Exhaust - YouTube[/ame]

They sound very different on USDM cars versus the rest of the world. Unequal length headers make a big difference. I don't care for their sound at all with equal length headers.

Only the prefacelift ones were different to pretty much everyone else. NZ/AUDM spec went back to unequal in 07 with the facelift

Very raspy with EL but still not a fan hearing them on UEL headers, each to their own. $400 is still quite steep but guess thats more down to the rarity on that side of the world

2000 Legacy B4 RSK - SOLD

2006 Legacy BP5 GT Spec B wagon - Garage Thread

2011 VW T5 van 2.0L of turbo diesel awesomeness

Archived