LegacyGT.com

JDM GT/JDM Pinks ride appears to be worsening

morrisok

I have had the setup below on for about 7 months and last couple of months the ride has gotten noticeable worse. The handling is fine.

I have jdm gt bilstein rev a. struts and matched jdm pinks from rallitek.

Will preface that I had someone check out the bushings and end links (stock) when my car was on the rack a two weeks back and everything appears to ok.

Iam running goodyear f1 a/s (with about 8k on them) with 37 front 35 rear and cusco front and rear sways. And a recent alignment.

Its seems that the last couple of months the ride has gotten noticeably worse and small/dips holes in road are very jarring.

Almost like the struts are shot. Even at low speed its almost a crashing sound/feel when i go over either of these imperfections.

I got the struts from 5 mile imports and they were advertised to only have 5k km on them and appeared to be in really good condition.

I am beginning to wonder if these struts would be better suited with the stock jdm gt springs? Its almost like there isnt enough travel in the setup.

I am actually thinking of trying the pinks with bilstein hd.

Funny you posted this, today. I have a set of JDM Spec B Rev As (bot from 5mile) with Swifts on them. The car is currently in the shop (I just posted a thread about it today) with the rear passenger side spring clunking.

Turns out the spring is fully compressing. I suspect the travel is is too little ( the bump stop mod may need to be done). Swifts are low and my kidneys get beat up so I know how you feel. I thin both our strut set ups should be more than acceptable for Pinks and Swifts. Try the bump stop mod...that may be the deal! GL. Will let you know how it works out for me..

Rehab is for quitters.

Funny you posted this, today. I have a set of JDM Spec B Rev As (bot from 5mile) with Swifts on them. The car is currently in the shop (I just posted a thread about it today) with the rear passenger side spring clunking.

Turns out the spring is fully compressing. I suspect the travel is is too little ( the bump stop mod may need to be done). Swifts are low and my kidneys get beat up so I know how you feel. I thin both our strut set ups should be more than acceptable for Pinks and Swifts. Try the bump stop mod...that may be the deal! GL. Will let you know how it works out for me..

OK getting Konis with my swifts soon (I hope).. What is the bump stop mod?

i have the jdm spec b pinks with the bilsteins(rev a)and i feel the same way. i get so annoyed with the ride of the car sometimes i feel like just driving to a dealership and trading it in. even minor imperfections in the road make my car feel like its slammed 4 inches to the ground. might just go back to stock suspension

Archived