LegacyGT.com

This, ladies and gentlemen, is whybyou don't text and drive

srry to hear about it.

you at least catch him/her?

Yeah, she pulled over. It was just one of those incidents that makes you go "what was he/she thinking." I had been sitting still for a solid 30 seconds. And traffic had only been moving about 20 mph.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Why were you driving in reverse?

Cause it sounded like a good idea at the time. I wouldn't have had an issue if traffic had been going in the correct direction like me.

Looks like you have a date with a muffler shop in your immediate future.

Yeah, but now her dad is acting like he wants to drag his feet. So I think I'm going to have to turn it in on his insurance just to get him to pay. I was trying to be nice, now I'm getting agrivated.

Is it bad that at no point did I think he was implying that "But she's 18" was a negative?

Speaking of Subaru commercials...

Sooo, he's fed up with a 22 year old Oldsmobile Cutlass coupe that appears to run fine but the door handle broke? And instead he wants a car that REALLY lasts.

This commercial missed its mark with me.

Yeah, but now her dad is acting like he wants to drag his feet. So I think I'm going to have to turn it in on his insurance just to get him to pay. I was trying to be nice, now I'm getting agrivated.

Being nice to someone that hits you almost never seems to benefit you. Get insurance involved asap. Get your money/car fixed. Be really sure you aren't injured, stiff neck or other soreness can take a few days to develop.

Hopefully they are insured by a decent company. So many crappy half assed policies out there these days. It's a joke that someone can carry crap insurance and when they hit you it's your car that ends up getting screwed over.

Your car is not only damaged, but your resale value is diminished because you can't say "it was never in an accident." Whether you plan to keep the car forever or not, you have been wronged here. You are now stuck wasting your own time to get it fixed even if they pay for it.

If the parent isn't breaking out his checkbook right away I would get insurance in there asap.

I always go through insurance. There is no upside to me to let someone pay cash, and all downside if they think they can do less.

I recall my last accident, guys wife drove right into me, and tried to flee the scene. She spoke no english so I had to call the police as she wouldn't share info with me.

Husband called me that night asking me not to go through insurance. I had it being looked at and said I'd let him pay out of pocket if he wanted but that my insurance knew about it. $4500 quote came in and he said "I thought it was going to be $500, anything you can do to help me?" I said "Your wife broke 3 laws hit me, so I think offering not to touch insurance was enough" He had me go through insurance. Let me know it was the 3rd accident she had been in this year - so he knew the drill and was trying to play me. Nice guy on the phone but I'm fairly certain she wasn't going to be driving after this.

Get the insurance company involved ASAP. Being nice only ends up in you being taken advantage of in the worst way. People pay a lot of money for insurance for a reason.

2012 Xterra Pro-4X

2003 Outback Sedan Limited

D.U.S.T.O.F.F.

"Dedicated Unhesitating Service To Our Fighting Forces"

Haven't you seen that subaru commercial?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ue6ZyzVvZzA

red heads....wackit!

She was ok, but 18.

IDP fo sho

Get the insurance company involved ASAP. Being nice only ends up in you being taken advantage of in the worst way. People pay a lot of money for insurance for a reason.

+1

OK, I have contacted the insurance company and they are going to be here to do the estimates tomorrow. The dude started jerking me around so I had enough. Next time I'll just deal straight with the insurance.

Archived