LegacyGT.com

Hid installed, soft flickering light... Help please!

Bonafide P

I installed my hids about a day or two ago, while driving I notice my driver side lamp had soft flickering, any body has the same problem? The passenger side seem to have the same problem, but a little softer, but the main flickering was on my driver side, it wasn't flicking like a strobe, it look almost like a shake or changing of color? I tried to adjust the bulb, nothing worked! Help please thanks.

Did you install the battery harness? Before I installed the harness I was having the same issue. Mainly when the car was in park or at a complete stop.

did you unplug your DRL's?

^ this please also check all your connections & plugs to make sure they are all connecting properly

I was 0.

And I'm still a zero.

:lol:

Nope I don't have a harness! Is this the same thing as a relay harness? And what do they do? Do they connect the stock harness to the hids harness like an adapter? Sorry im a total noob. And nope did unplug my drls, from my understanding my drl are my high beams lights and I have the hids installed in my low beams, so there is no need to disable the drls?

You are correct about the DRLs. The 08-09 LGTs run DRL off the high beams, 05-07 use the lows as DRLs.

The harness is the same thing as a relay harness. It uses heavier gauge wiring to connect the HIDs to the battery. The main issue is that HIDs draw significantly more current when turning on. With 55W HIDs, the factory wiring frequently can't supply enough current with excessive voltage drop. Usually the problem is worse on the passenger side due to the longer wire run.

Here's a quick test.

Replace one side with the original bulb and see if you can get the other HID to light. If so, then swap in the other bulb. Repeat with the ballasts. That should let identify bad bulbs and/or ballasts.

Archived