LegacyGT.com

Need help mounting a ps2

Legdude

I have a small slim ps2 I plan on hooking up to my stock sat nav lcd screen in my 07 spec B. I know how to hack in and get it done, thats not the problem, the problem is mounting this thing. I know it fits under the passenger seat, but thats kinda of a pain in the ass in the long run, everytime u want to change out a dvd or game you need to dig under the seat to do so. Im wondering if anyone has mounted a slim ps2 in the glove box or otherwise. Even if you need to notch out the back a bit thats fine with me. I have searched around on the fourms but havent found anyone talk about this, nor have I found any pictures.

I haven't done it as I have no nav and don't want to modify my dash as the STi gauge pack fits very nicely in it's place...

I'm pretty sure it would be easy to mount it in the spot for the manual in the glovebox...you could even put it on those roller rails to make it slide out smooth...or linear actuators to make it extra custom...

My .02...

Oy, thanks mate. It didnt even cross my mind to do a roller set up out of the manual compartment. I've been kicking around some ideas about how to mount it in the glove box, what to cut up, what not to cut up, you know how it is. Im just waiting on some good weather do spring up here so I can work outside on it, looks like a bit of seattle made a suprise visit today in NY.

Not that I have a PS2 mounted, but there's zero things to cut up aside from finding a place to put it in the car. It takes all of about 10 minutes to get to the video in jack on the back of the nav system, and then it's just a matter of snaking cables to wherever you need them.

all the threads i read about hacking the navi made it seem very much more complicated than i wanted to dive into. is there a easier all in one guide you are following?

heres the one im going to follow

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52355

I haven't done this yet, however after reading this thread and really doing my research I believe this wont be to hard. As far as cutting the navi, the only thing I see is just grounding it out so it always thinks the e brake is up. Thats something that I find useful with out without hooking up a dvd player / gaming unit. I am so sick of pulling over to enter map directions into the nav unit.

Not that I have a PS2 mounted, but there's zero things to cut up aside from finding a place to put it in the car. It takes all of about 10 minutes to get to the video in jack on the back of the nav system, and then it's just a matter of snaking cables to wherever you need them.

dont forget about power

Archived