LegacyGT.com

Well, it might be time to let the wagon go!

I'm fighting the pressure to sell her but it's just bad having to fuel up every 288 miles or every 4 trips to work (almost 70 miles a day). And yes, I have tried Econo maps and low octane ones.

Might be looking for an econo car with great MPG and so far it looks like the Elantra is tops on the list but still looking at the Yaris and newer Focus. Have to find what something 2011 or so.

I have to weight my options.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
^That destroys the MPG so...

Get a prius lol

Do some research before blabbering on the interwebz. http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2013-hyundai-veloster-181517.html

kind of want..

200hp, 195trq, twinscroll turbo, 38 highway MPG

http://www.autoblog.com/2012/02/17/hyundai-veloster-turbo-to-start-at-21-500/

http://www.autoblog.com/photos/2013-hyundai-veloster-turbo/#photo-4827943/

http://www.autoguide.com/gallery/gallery.php/d/481086-2/2013-Hyundai-Veloster-Turbo-Driving-01.jpg

Read and enjoy Leo!

I'd say, keep the wagon and use some other means of your choice to go to work. Keep the wagon for weekend drives. That's what I do; I bike to work every day (you can't do that of course) and use the car just for leisure. I can tell you that I can't wait for the weekends to come by.

Last point, maybe you should try the following: do not drive your wagon for a week and rent a car during that time. See how you feel.

Gas is a lot cheaper than a car payment. Use your head and do some math.

I'm using my head. With the money I get for the wagon there are a number of choices I can go for by going with a slightly used car (~20K miles) that would have me break even or finance about a grand or two.

If I had the money for a third car, it wouldn't be an issue but as of right now, the funds for an econo car would come from my wagon.

• Mega Users

i don't think the volester is a good idea, the whole turbo thing, it just attracts the mod bug.

honestly, if you are pushing and pulling with this, why dont you just keep the LGT and buy an older cruiser motorcycle? They cost next to nothing to maintain, and you can get up to 40 mpg easy if you drive them right.

"Remember Danny - Two wrongs don't make a right but three rights make a left."

i don't think the volester is a good idea, the whole turbo thing, it just attracts the mod bug.

honestly, if you are pushing and pulling with this, why dont you just keep the LGT and buy an older cruiser motorcycle? They cost next to nothing to maintain, and you can get up to 40 mpg easy if you drive them right.

Don't want a bike as international tourists drive like crap and that's why I have the Hella Supertones.

I'm using my head. With the money I get for the wagon there are a number of choices I can go for by going with a slightly used car (~20K miles) that would have me break even or finance about a grand or two.

If I had the money for a third car, it wouldn't be an issue but as of right now, the funds for an econo car would come from my wagon.

Might want to look more closely at the math. Not sure about where you live but around here sales tax is 7% and is based on the purchased car sale price before the trade, then you have all of the other fees that come with new car purchases, doc fees, licensing, etc... Plus when you trade in you are loosing a few thousand over what you car is really worth. $2k buys 500 gallons of gas @ $4 a gallon.

Might want to look more closely at the math. Not sure about where you live but around here sales tax is 7% and is based on the purchased car sale price before the trade, then you have all of the other fees that come with new car purchases, doc fees, licensing, etc... Plus when you trade in you are loosing a few thousand over what you car is really worth. $2k buys 500 gallons of gas @ $4 a gallon.

I'm not trading for new.

According to my math, your spending 240.00 a month on gas at 20mpg for just commute. Could obviously halve that with Eco car. 120.00 per month is what we're talking. A little overtime or paper route? Switch to PBR?

PBR?

I spend more fuel on stop and go roads than I do in tolls.

Archived