Plug n Play Aux-in mod for 2005 6cd radios

jazzymt

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

bought one of these on sunday, hopefully it gets here by tomorrow so i can install it this weekend!

Just had a curiosity.. If you left the ribbon cable from the cd player unplugged would you not need the silent cd anymore? and it would only disable the cdplayer right? not the climate controls?

Pretty sure if you don't connect the CD player the stereo won't switch to CD mode and you'll be stuck playing your AUX on top of a radio station rather than a silent CD. Climate controls should still work if the CD player isn't connected.

pretty sure if you don't connect the cd player the stereo won't switch to cd mode and you'll be stuck playing your aux on top of a radio station rather than a silent cd. Climate controls should still work if the cd player isn't connected.
+1
[CENTER][URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18504"]Subaru Plug & Play Aux-in Mod[/URL][/CENTER] [CENTER][URL="http://www.jazzyengineering.com"]www.jazzyengineering.com[/URL][/CENTER]

Anyone ever have to warranty their iSimple cable? My 1/8th jack connection AND 30 pin require fiddling with it to maintain a connection, otherwise it only plays out of one side :(

Placed my order (iPod Pro Kit) last Saturday (4/28/12) and the site told me 2-5 days. Checking the status of my order, it still says "Pending" and I haven't gotten any email reply to the status of my order. Credit card has already cleared funds.

Anyone have similar issues with their orders taking a long time to ship?

Placed my order (iPod Pro Kit) last Saturday (4/28/12) and the site told me 2-5 days. Checking the status of my order, it still says "Pending" and I haven't gotten any email reply to the status of my order. Credit card has already cleared funds.

Anyone have similar issues with their orders taking a long time to ship?

i ordered mine a couple sundays ago, and it took until saturday to come, i read some reviews complaining about it. so hes not the fastest at shipping.

Anyone ever have to warranty their iSimple cable? My 1/8th jack connection AND 30 pin require fiddling with it to maintain a connection, otherwise it only plays out of one side :(

Not saying its not broken, but if your saying that both the 1/8" and the IPod cord are only playing from one side, wouldn't that possibly show that either the board is busted on one RCA, or perhaps one of your RCA's have come loose / busted rather than the cord itself?

For those folks with shipping issues...Placed my order on a Sunday, than by the next Thursday (essentially 10 days later) it was at my door. Also note that I'm in Canada.

<---- NOT F*CKING HAPPY!!!!!! :mad:

Followed instructions, tested unit before I put all back together. Seemed good. Put radio back togther. Finished install of iPod kit. Went to put everything in, right side keeps cutting out. Go back and disassemble everything. Test it all again, now BOTH sides cut out sound. This f***ing blows. 5 hours wasted tonight. Not sure if I have a bad GLI or something else up. I double and triple checked the ribbon cables. It's definitely when there's any movement in the GLI going into the Headunit that sound cuts in and out.

Thoughts?

Edited by Brady

FML! Definitely a bad GLI. Hooked it up to my home receiver and definitely no good for right hand sound. Can get it to come in and out.

Any ideas on a quick fix?

Thanks!

FML! Definitely a bad GLI. Hooked it up to my home receiver and definitely no good for right hand sound. Can get it to come in and out.

Any ideas on a quick fix?

Thanks!

That sucks! No ideas for a fix tonight, which is probably what you're looking for, but you can get one from Radio Shack for ~$20.

Thanks Lucid!

I really hate to spend more on this since the reason I'm doing this is to get an iPod in my Legacy after I lost my company car when I lost my job and took a huge pay cut, but dammit, this blows! I might suck it up and pay the $20. Still hoping Jazzy helps me out, but he hasn't returned any of my emails over the last week. Fingers crossed.

Hi Brady - sorry I hadn't responded to your emails yet. I literally get a tidal wave every day and I'm not always the best at keeping up. I sent you a response though - we'll get you taken care of one way or the other. Thanks.
[CENTER][URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18504"]Subaru Plug & Play Aux-in Mod[/URL][/CENTER] [CENTER][URL="http://www.jazzyengineering.com"]www.jazzyengineering.com[/URL][/CENTER]

Hi Jazzy,

Thanks for emailing me today. I was able to go buy another SNI-1 GLI at a local car audio shop. I tested it before I put it in the radio and confirmed it was good. Once I had it in the car, everything worked beautifully.

In fact, when connected to my iPod, amazingly the 3.5mm jack comes through with the same clean volume as the 30 pin connector on the iPod. I haven't yet tested it on my iPhone to see if I see the same results.

After my frustration of the last couple days, I'm pretty happy now.

I'll email you tomorrow regarding the details.

Not saying its not broken, but if your saying that both the 1/8" and the IPod cord are only playing from one side, wouldn't that possibly show that either the board is busted on one RCA, or perhaps one of your RCA's have come loose / busted rather than the cord itself?

For those folks with shipping issues...Placed my order on a Sunday, than by the next Thursday (essentially 10 days later) it was at my door. Also note that I'm in Canada.

Nope, have to hold the cable to one side for it to work correctly for both 1/8" and 30 pin.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
I want to try this so badly......but it looks difficult...

I installed this into our Outback and Forester - in each case, determining where you wanted to install the player connection cord in your car was the most difficult issue. That, and realizing I could pull harder in the Forester fascia around its vents than my worries kept me from initially doing.

I also tested the hookup by holding the radio unit in place before replacing the console. This was to ensure that I put the ribbon connector into the player correctly.

- wader

I want to try this so badly......but it looks difficult...

I put it off for a year before getting up the courage to wade in.

The instructions are very good, mostly you need patience, and a place to put all the little screws you remove so you don't lose anything...

Very happy with the result.:)

I bought this kit a few years ago and am shamed to say I never got around to installing it. Was a bit intimidated by taking the whole radio apart etc.

Well, decided F*&^ it I was going to give it a shot, and the result? ....Dagnamit why didn't I do it earlier?!!

Even though the unit was sitting in various boxes and not-ideal conditions for a few years (I really don't know how long it has been... I bought one of the first-gen ones), I finally installed it, and it works perfectly. Took me about 2 hours or so start to finish. Instructions were perfect.

Thanks JazzyMT!

Pete

• 4 weeks later...

Just a minor update since people are asking. I am still building and selling these boards with no plan to stop anytime soon. I generally try to ship once per week - mostly because I am just too busy to build them more often. I have a day job, 2 other side-jobs and a 6-week old baby boy to keep me occupied.

In an effort to continue to support this for people who are still in the market (and improve my less-than stellar lead-time), I am getting quotes for contract assembly and hope to pass off the shipping in the near future too. Then I should be able to ship within 1-3 days again.

Thanks again for the continued interest and purchases everyone & sorry for any delays - hopefully those that end up waiting a bit longer still feel it is worth it in the end.

• 1 month later...

Just got my Pro kit within 2 weeks too, installed it late this morning. Took about an hour, and biggest problem for me wasn't removement or installation.

For some reason when I tested it, the volume and intensity of any song dropped drastically when I increased the volume on the headunit past 20. Any ideas? I reopened the radio, reversed the audio connectors thinking maybe, just maybe (doubting this) that this would fix it. Nothing. Everything is back together, just now hoping to find an answer to this.

Also plugging the ribbons in is not difficult either. I think its very straight forward. Look at the female side connector on the radio board and aux board. Whichever side the pins are on, is the ame side the ribbon contacts will go.

Really wish I ordered this years ago. Next mod will be the jdm dual din. Can't wait.